The Eagle's Nest
August 29, 2021
Check out some of our sharply dressed Eagles!
Happy Sunday Eagles!
We've had a great start to the 21-22 school year! Staff and students alike are excited to be back in the building. Thank you to all of the parents who have worked hard to get students here on time and followed our procedures.
Beginning on Monday, all students will take their iReady math diagnostic. Please make sure they bring a charged laptop, get plenty of rest the night before, and eat breakfast so they are ready to do their best.
We will be practicing our first fire drill of the year this coming week. Please help us share this with your child and help them understand we practice these monthly to keep us safe. The bells can be loud, but we want them to know there's no reason to be scared when they hear it.
We have eight important reminders for you this week:
1. Our "Kiss and Go" policy begins this week. Parents can escort students to the outside doors and staff will ensure they make it to class.
2. Our first bell rings at 7:30am and the tardy bell rings 8:00am.
3. All students should be in uniform daily. Make sure to wear closed toed shoes with closed backs, belts if your pants have belt loops, and shirts should be tucked in. Please see the chart below for further descriptions of uniform attire.
4. We will continue our policy of no early checkouts or transportation changes after 2:30pm
5. Breakfast and lunch are free for all students this year.
6. Thank you for being patient with us during dismissal time, it takes us a week or two to develop routines that move cars through quickly. Make sure car tags are displayed as you pull up. If you do not have a car tag, please let your child's teacher know.
7. Tuesday, August 31, is our Afterschool Arts Academy Registration Night at 5:30pm. Please join us in the auditorium.
8. Looking ahead, Monday, September 6 is Labor Day and there is no school for staff or students.
Afterschool Arts Coming to CEEM!
We have received a US Department of Education Grant for $400,000 this year to create an Afterschool Arts Program with the YMCA that will bring the performing arts to our students. We are currently working on scheduling, program offerings, and staffing now.
Students can look forward to taking dance, art, theater, instruments after school combined with tutoring and homework support for those who need it. Our program will be free and we have a total of 100 slots available. Registration Night is Tuesday, August 31, at 5:30pm in the auditorium. Make sure and follow our Instagram and Facebook pages to stay up-to-date with all happenings across our campus.
Car and Bus Rider Information
- Many CEEM staff members will be present and will help guide students to classes. You do not have to be anxious for your younger students. We will support your Eagle every step of the way even if they do not know their teacher's name.
- All car riders should enter the CEEM parking lot off of South Dr. to the car rider line. There will be no drop offs on either side of New River Dr.
- Bus riders will arrive on campus and will be greeted by staff on New River Dr.
- Staff will help bus riders exit the bus and direct them to the proper location.
21-22 COVID Protocols
During their meeting on Tuesday, August 10, 2021, the Onslow County Board of Education unanimously approved 2021-2022 COVID-19 Protocols and Practices.
The link below outlines those practices which will be followed by OCS during the 2021-2022 school year.
Bus Transportation Information
Please follow this link for Information on bus numbers, stops, and times. Updated bus routes for the 2021-22 school year will be posted by August 19.
21-22 School Fees
*You may pay in person at Open House, as well.
Fees not paid continue to accrue year to year. If you are unable to pay your child's fees, please see your teacher for a fee waiver. Please note this fee waiver does not waive field trip fees.