waterproof led power supply
How to Choose Waterproof LED Power Supply?
According to the grid electricity rules and LED waterproof power supply characteristics requirement, we should take into account the following aspects in the selection and design of waterproof led power supply:
1. High reliability. Especially the drive power supply of LED street lamps, it is installed at high altitude, not convenient for maintenance, and the maintenance cost is large.
2. High efficiency. LED is the energy-saving products, drive power efficiency should higher. The structure of power supply installed in the lighting is particularly important. Because the LED luminous efficiency decreases as LED temperature increases, so the LED cooling is very important. High efficiency power supply, its power consumption is small, small heat in the fixture, so it reduces the temperature rise of the lamp, which is favorable for delaying the LED light decay.
3. High Power Factor. Power factor is the requirement of power grid for the load. Generally there is no mandatory index for electrical appliances less than 70 watts. Although low power electrical appliance has little effect on the grid, but when we light up at night, the same load is too concentrated, it will produce more pollution on the grid. For the 30-watt to 40 watt waterproof led driver, it is said there would be some indicator requirements for power factor in the near future.
4. Drive mode. Now there are two prevailing modes: one is a constant source for multiple constant current sources, each constant current source individually supplies power for each channel LED. This way is flexible combination, one channel LED failure does not affect other LED's work, but the cost will be slightly higher. The other is the direct constant current power supply; LED operates in series or parallel. The advantage is low cost, but flexibility is poor, but also need to solve the issue that one LED failure does not affect other LED running. These two forms coexist for some time. Multi-channel constant current output power supply, 12V switching power supply will be better in terms of cost and performance, which is perhaps the mainstream future direction.
5. Surge Protection. LED anti-surge capacity is relatively poor, especially anti-reverse voltage capability. It is very important to enhance this protection. Some LED lights are installed outdoors, such as LED street lights. Since the starting of grid load and lightning induction, a variety of surge will invade from the grid system, surge can cause some damage to the LED. LED drive power supply should have the ability to inhibit the invasion of surge, and protect the LED's not being damaged.
6. Protection: In addition to regular power protection features, it's best to increase LED temperature negative feedback in the constant current output to prevent LED temperature being too high.
7. Protection aspects: For lamps installed outdoors, LED power supply structure should be waterproof, moisture proof, and the shells should be sun-proof.
8. The life of drive power supply should be adapted to the life of the LED.
9. To comply with safety regulations and electromagnetic compatibility requirement.