Second Grade Newsletter
Mrs. Barita, Mrs. Carrasco, Mrs. Kulesza
*Monday, January 11th will be "Day 6" for Encore*
Lifework-Week of January 11-15
- Monday: Read & log 10 minutes, Work on Poster-Due Friday
- Tuesday: Read & log 10 minutes, Spelling Words- Rainbow Style-3 colors
- Wednesday: Read & log 10 minutes, Spelling Words- ABC order
- Thursday: Read & log 10 minutes, Spelling Words-Write each word 3 times-test tomorrow
- Weekend: Read and log your Community Life study guide-test Tuesday, January 19th.
Spelling Words-Test 1/15/16
r-controlled A Syllable Patterns
We are currently learning about Community Life and Diversity in social studies. Key concepts include:
- Changes in communities over time (jobs, population, transportation, new inventions, etc.)
- Diversity among Americans
The test for this unit will be on Tuesday, January 19th. Look for the study guide to come home on Tuesday, January 12th.
"All about Me" Poster Due January 15th
The Months of the Year
January brings the snow,
Makes our feet and fingers glow.
February brings the rain,
Thaws the frozen lake again.
March brings breezes loud and shrill,
Stirs the dancing daffodil.
April brings the primrose sweet,
Scatters daisies at our feet.
May brings flocks of pretty lambs,
Skipping by their fleecy dams.
June brings tulips, lilies, roses,
Fills the children’s hands with posies.
1/11 - Administrative/Parent Roundtable Session @ 5p
1/11 - PTO Meeting @ 7pm
1/15 - PTO Family Fun Night - Pizza & Movie @ 6:30 (used uniform sale @ 6pm)
1/18 - NO SCHOOL - MLK Jr. Holiday
1/20 - PTO Spirit Night @ FOSTERS GRILLE
1/25 - PAC Meeting @ 6pm
1/29 - HALF DAY - Parent/Teacher Conference (conferences will be scheduled at the teacher's request)
Barita: Library, Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE
Carrasco: Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library
Kulesza: PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library, Music