Grades Update and Course News
Ms. Crace's AP English Lang and ELA8
Congratulations to 18-week Students!
Grades Are Current!
Check your grade (in the course grades area) to make sure it is accurate. Submit any late work before the Friday, August 23 deadline.
Office Hours Established
This will be your chance to ask questions about content, assignments, grading, rubrics, etc. Please don't be timid; I love answering questions. See you Tuesday night!
Synchronous Learning Sessions Schedule
Here are some tips for doing well in discussions:
- Make sure you answer all parts of the discussion prompt and that you make reference to the readings, content, etc. to explain and support your statements.
- Make sure you respond to at least two classmates' initial posts, even if the prompt doesn't say anything about responses. Your responses to your classmates should be respectful and show that you have read and thought about what they have said. Your responses should also be more substantive than something along the lines of "I agree."
- Make sure you check back frequently to read other posts and respond to what your classmates have written to you. While I grade other assignments as they come in, I wait until after a deadline has passed to assess discussion participation to give you all a chance to build an engaging discussion! You can even subscribe to a discussion to get updates as classmates post.
- Don't wait until the last minute to post so that you won't have to engage much with others. Apathy doesn't foster good thinking and learning! If posting late in the work period is unavoidable, at least make a good faith contribution by responding to more classmates than are required.
- Have fun with these and take time to consider what your classmates have shared! I am always amazed at the insight I gain from students through their discussion posts, and a GaVS study last year showed that the highest correlation with doing well in one of our courses is participation in discussions!