Jan 4 - 8, 2016
Happy New Year!
Welcome back! I hope that you were able to enjoy the Christmas break from school and find time for yourself to relax! While we were away, two little "SAINTS" were born! The Seals welcomed their son Porter and the Dalls welcomed their grandson Gunner. Congratulations to both families! As Kari will be on leave through Spring Break, we welcome Miss Meredith Ruxer to the 3rd grade!
News for the Week
Monday, Jan 4th
- School Resumes
Tuesday, Jan 5th
Wednesday, Jan 6th
- HOOT Tickets go on sale
- Report cards go home today
- Faculty Meeting 3:30 East Campus Cafeteria - focus on ISTEP and AdvancEd
Friday, Jan 8th
School Registration for 2016-17
School Registration Information will be included in the Purple Folders this Wednesday. This will include specifics about Preschool Registration and K-8 Registration. Your help is needed in adding this to your newsletters (beginning Thursday). Thank you in advance.
At a glance:
- Faculty and Staff may register their child for preschool (3 or 4 yr old) on Jan 14th and 15th.
- Preschool Registration opens to ALL current Holy Trinity Catholic School families (those who have a 3 yr old through 8th grader currently enrolled) on Tuesday, Jan 19th and continues through Wednesday, Jan 20th during the Central Campus school office hours of 7:30am - 4:00pm.
- Preschool Registration then opens to the public on Thursday, Jan 21st at 6:00pm in the Central Office gym.
- A copy of birth certificate (unless one is already on file), current immunization record, registration fee, and August tuition payment (both of which are non-refundable) are due at time of Registration.
- All current families will be able to register for the 2016-17 school year beginning Jan 31st.
- A registration fee of $100, which will be applied to book and technology fees, is due at the time of registration.
- We kindly ask that K-8 payments be kept separate of our preschool payments, for our tracking purposes.
Everyone is welcome to attend, but it is not mandatory. If you would like tickets (which provides you with a seat, dinner, a bid number, and an evening of fun) please be sure you give the required information and payment along with number of tickets to be purchased to Tyler today. If you do not wish to have dinner/bid, but want to be part of the HOOT, there are a few ways you can do this:
- Volunteer to work a shift
- Stop by for a half hour - hour and talk with guests
A Few Odds and Ends (well, really, there are more than a few!)
- These should be updated for the first semester by the end of January
- Please see Cindy or Staci in the office for the location of files
- Will meet next week, Thursday, Jan 14th
- With the start of the new semester, we have a new group of students in electives. I will send the updated spreadsheet (be sure to look at 3rd quarter) following this newsletter.
- Jan 5th, all middle school students will report to homeroom. Homeroom teachers will give new assignments. Students will have remainder of class for study hall.
- Elective will start Jan 11th and continue through end of 3rd quarter.
- Electives for 4th quarter will start new.
- Students in Memories Galore, the Yearbook Crew, will remain in the same elective class until 4th quarter, when they will be reassigned *subject to the yearbook being finished by that time.
- Is approaching soon... please use the link below to find valuable information. of particular importance would be the Instructional and Assessment Guidance , as it shows which standards are critical.
- Item samplers are also included
- An actual practice test in the online format can be accessed via the link below. This is to the PARCC website. Choose your content area and then grade level. While Indiana is giving an assessment that is based on our Indiana standards, the format is new. We have determined that the provider for ISTEP is the same as that for PARCC and thus the formats look almost identical to students. Please expose students to these online tests well in advance of the testing window which begins Feb 29th.