ACMS Bulldog News
School tips to Know and Remember
We are back to school on Plan B!!
On Monday, March 8th, K-5 students returned to 4 days per week for in-person instruction. Wednesday will remain a remote day to continue the deep cleaning routine. Ashe Online students will remain online.
Remember to stay safe, wear your mask properly, social distance (6 feet apart), and keep your hands washed!
Grades 6-12 Return to School Four Days A Week on March 29th
Lighting Our Way Document is found here:
Career Week at ACMS starts March 22
Gear Up to target current 7th graders
Both 7th and 8th families are asked to complete the survey below for Gear Up. https://appstate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3I4FkuWrwnw7Sjr
After School Tutoring
Tutoring is now available after school with our very own ACMS teachers. Parents or students, please let a teacher or counselor know if any students would like to stay after on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday. Tutoring is free and is a great way to get extra help. We welcome you to take advantage of this service!
ANNOUNCEMENT: Tutor.com is Now Available for All ACMS Students
7th graders access tutor.com through a different link than the other grade levels at school. When students have questions or need assistance with their schoolwork, they can log online 24 hours a day, in school, during remote school time, or at home.
To access, 7th Grade students go to:
Username: powerschool ID
[Other grade levels should access tutor.com through Clever)
8th Graders log into Tutor.com through Clever. Your student's username when prompted is the student # and password is the student's birthdate with leading zeros. For example, April 4, 2007 would be typed in as 04072007.
Bulldog Student Success Tips
1) Participate in your Zooms with your teachers on your remote days, and be sure to communicate well with your teacher when you are here. If you are an Ashe Online student, be sure to do this every day. If you do not have internet access, let your teacher know right away.
2) Fill out your attendance form from your first block class daily!
3) Complete an assignment (or better yet, all of your assignments) in Canvas. Start somewhere if you haven't been keeping up. If you are doing well, keep it up and be very proud of yourself!
4) If you need help, email your teacher. They will be glad you're doing your work and will be happy to help you. If you need technology help, email Mr. Armentrout at Tim.Armentrout@ashe.k12.nc.us or Mrs. Lovell at email@example.com.
3) If you need help with anything else, check in with Mrs. Aldridge (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mrs. Stallings (email@example.com) or Ms. Roark (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are happy to help you and we are here for you!!
4) Check for messages from your teachers and follow their directions for assignments that are coming up. If you make your best efforts, then you will make your best grades. If you don't, then you won't. You have to give your teachers something to grade! :)
5) Again, reach out to any of your school personnel. We are here for you and we love you!!
Tolerance is the Character Trait for March!
Parents, please remember you can use Powerschool to check on your student's progress and attendance!