Digital Citizenship Toolkit
Helping students navigate the digital environment
Be a Digital Citizen
What do your digital footprints say about you?
Digital Footprint - What Digital Footprint Are You Leaving Online?
Make your own digital footprint!
- Open a Google doc.
- Type all of the ways you have ever used digital resources (school, home, any device)!
- Get the "Tag Cloud Generator" add-on for Google Docs to see your digital footprint.
- Pro/Con resources http://socialnetworking.procon.org/
- Common Sense Media, digital citizenship curriculum https://www.commonsensemedia.org/educators/curriculum
- Pinterest digital citizenship board: https://www.pinterest.com/msitech/digital-citizenship/
- Teenagers and social networking: It might actually be good for them. http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/oct/05/teens-social-networking-good-for-them
- Stop Googling. Let's Talk. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/27/opinion/sunday/stop-googling-lets-talk.html?_r=0
Extra Food for Thought
- CNN: #Being13 http://www.cnn.com/specials/us/being13
- CNN: Teens on social media (in their own words) http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/02/living/being-13-teens-social-media-question-answer/index.html