Social Media Safety
How to keep safe from the dangers of online!
5 Helpful Hints for Protecting Your Name Online
- Secure your privacy settings - don't give out too much personal information.
- Think twice before you post - don't post anything you wouldn't want your parents or teachers to see!
- Be careful accepting friend requests - make sure you know the person who is friending you before clicking accept.
- Remember, anything you post will not go away, it is out there forever.
- Report anyone/anything appropriate.
- 25% of young people pretend that they are older than they are to get an online account.
- 5% of teens have admitted to arranging a secret meeting with someone that they have met online.
- 1 out of 3 teens between twelve and seventeen have experienced cyber bullying or online harassment.
- 1 out of 25 teens have received online sexual solicitations with the offender seeking to make contact with them offline.