March 12, 2018
EASTER EGGSTAVAGANZA IS MARCH 22! HOP ON BY OHHS FOR EASTER EGG HUNTS, EASTER BUNNY PICTURES AND MORE!
B-C-S Levies Q & A Meeting Scheduled for March 22!
B-C-S Levies Q & A Meeting
Get the facts, and get your questions answered about the two levies on the May 8th ballot. This meeting is open to any B-C-S staff or community member.
Date: Thursday, March 22
Time: 5:30 PM
Location: Oak Harbor High School Auditorium
Your hosts: B-C-S Superintendent Guy Parmigian and Treasurer Cajon Keeton
Please help spread the word and bring a friend!
We will also be live on Facebook for those unable to attend!
Be sure to Like our page below!
Tune in every week for Levy Facts!
Tune in every Monday for #MakeADifferenceMonday where we will feature a stakeholder, student, or fellow alumni answering "Five questions for B-C-S"
This week B-C-S is featuring, Bus Driver and Technology Assistant: Bill Branch
1. Please tell the B-C-S Community a little about yourself and your roles with B-C-S Local Schools
- I have been married to my wife Anita for 17+yrs, we have 5 kids Aby, Mark, Gaby, TJ, and Danny. I graduated from Huron High School. After graduation I attended Universal Technical Institute where I studied automotive technologies and then went on to spend 20+ years in the automotive world. While working in the automotive field I took some training in electronics and computers. About 8 years ago I made the leap into education becoming a substitute teacher for Penta and Findlay. In 2013 I was hired by B-C-S as a bus driver. A few months later I took on the role of Technology Assistant.
2. What do you enjoy most about your school bus driver career?
- That’s a hard one to answer. There are so many things that make being a bus driver enjoyable. The kids, the story’s they share, taking bus trips for field trips and sporting events are some of the reasons I enjoy bus driving! Having an awesome transportation department staff also makes it enjoyable.
3. Can you please explain what your roles are as a Technology Assistant to the schools?
- I have 2 main roles as a technology Assistant to the schools. My first role is to assist the Director of Technology. My second role is to make sure that students, staff, and district technology is working at its best.
4. What make being a bus driver difficult?
- The biggest one to me is the weather.
5. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
- I enjoy going to all my kids sporting events, trips / camping with family and friends, and old car shows. When the funds are available I enjoy working on my 67 Oldsmobile Cutlass F85 so one day I can show it off at the cars shows we go to.
ONLY 2 MORE SUNDAY FUN OPEN SWIMS!
Benton-Carroll-Salem Schools is pleased to announce new times for Sunday Fun Open Swims at the Oak Harbor High School Pool for all B-C-S students, families, and community members. Racquet ball courts will also be open to adults during these times. The pool and racquet ball courts will be open on the following Sundays from 2:00 until 4:00 PM: March 18, & 25.
Pool admission cost to be paid at the door for B-C-S students is only $1, and B-C-S adults will be $2. Racquet ball courts will be open to B-C-S adults only for an additional charge of $2 (limit 4 per court). A lifeguard and site director will be on site to ensure safety. Please note that these Sunday Fun times will be cancelled if Ottawa County is on a Level Two or Level Three Emergency as announced by the Ottawa County Sheriff.
Please call the B-C-S Board of Education office at 898-6210 if you have any questions.
What's Going On At RC Waters Elementary?
RC Waters Hosts Dr. Suess Family Fun Night!
RC Waters would like to send a special thank you to the Middle School student council, Kim Zetzer, and TIE family group. Without your help, this event would not have been possible.
This week at RC Waters!
Mrs. Hathaway's class led us in the Pledge of Allegiance during morning announcements. They finished by showing their Rocket Pride with a cheer!
Rocket Pride day at RC Waters. Students and staff are proud to wear our Rocket colors!
Officer Beck came to read to our students today as part of the Books & Badges program. We love visits from our Oak Harbor police officers!
Mrs. Mussell hosted a Learn With Me Day. Families were invited in to work on an activity with their child. Students made plans for a Leprechaun trap, then gathered materials and built one.
What's Going On At Oak Harbor Middle School?
6th Grade Students of the Month! CONGRATULATIONS!
THIS WEEK AT OHMS!
142 OHMS participants and many more fans enjoyed a fun Friday night Dodgeball Tournament at OHMS!
OHMS HAS ROCKET PRIDE!
WHATS GOING ON AT OAK HARBOR HIGH SCHOOL?
Oak Harbor Thespians are hard at work preparing for the upcoming Spring Musical: The Pajama Game!
Sparks fly between the new superintendent, Sid Sorokin, and Babe Williams, leader of the union at Sleep Tite Pajama Factory. As the workers strike for a pay increase, a battle of management, labor, and the sexes, ignites.
The Pajama Game features timeless hits as Hey There, Hernando's Hideaway, and I'm Not at All in Love.
Shows are Friday, March 16 & Saturday, March 17 at 7:30 and Sunday, March 18 at 2:00 PM. Tickets, available at the door, are $10.00 for adults and $8.00 for students and seniors.
We hope to see you there!
This week at OHHS!
Congratulations to Ron, Bailey, and Cole finalists in Public Relations Project!
Advanced 2D students working on their acrylic paintings.
Congratulations to Bailey, Spencer, and Molly finalists in Entrepreneurship Promotion Project
WHATS GOING ON AT PENTA?
ROCKET SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS!
- Good luck to Cam Dickman and Jacob Sage wrestling this morning in placing matches at the OHSAA State Wrestling Tournament! Go get em Rockets!
- OHSAA consolation round match for 3rd place at 120lbs. Cam Dickman wins 13-1. Cam Dickman places 3rd at State. Nice Job Cam!
- Consolation Finals 195 Jake Sage loses 3-2. Finishes 8th place. Great season Jake!
- Division III Boys Basketball District Semi-Finals: Final Oak Harbor 49 Carey 56 Very sorry to see this season come to an end for the Rockets. What a great group of guys. 19-5 overall, Sectional Champs, an awesome ride. Thank you seniors! Enjoyed watching this team every night.
BENTON-CARROLL-SALEM LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
WEEKLY SPORTS AND SCHOOL CALENDAR
WEEK OF 03/12/2018
Monday, March 12
3:00 PM HS Spring Athletes pictures
Tuesday, March 13
HS ~ Blood Drive sponsored by Science Club
Thursday, March 15
12:00 PM RC Waters ~ Blood Drive @ RC Waters
7:00 PM HS ~ Winter Sports Awards
Friday, March 16
7:30 PM HS ~ Spring Musical
Saturday, March 17
7:30 PM HS ~ Spring Musical
Sunday, March 18
2:00 PM HS ~ Spring Musical
The school district was founded on July 1, 1967 due to the consolidation of the Benton Township School District, the Carroll Township School District, and the Salem-Oak Harbor School District.Benton-Carroll-Salem Local School District, home of the Oak Harbor Rockets, serves 1700 students on three campuses: R.C. Waters Elementary School (Grades K--3), Oak Harbor Middle School (Grades 4--7), and Oak Harbor High School (Grades 8--12). The district is committed to serving the needs of all students to prepare them for the challenges of citizenship, the workforce, and life long learning.