The periodic newsletter for the Linworth Experiential world.
1. All Linworth families are invited to our annual Linworth Community Picnic. On Wednesday, August 11, starting at 6:00 p.m., we will have fun time of chatting, eating, and enjoying new and old relationships.
Simply bring any side dish or desert. We will provide some basic meat, as well as water, plates, and utensils.
2. Immediately after the picnic, we will host the New Student Orientation and Linworth 101 (for parents/guardians). We will cover all of the basics of Linworth and be available to answer questions about this coming school year.
3. Registration and item pick-up will be at Linworth on Tuesday, August 10, and Wednesday, August 11, 9:00-3:00 each day. Come to Linworth first. You still need to get your student ID and Chromebook from the main campus, but you can skip the other lines.
Prior to Registration (but after August 6), please take a moment to pay school fees at www.mypaymentsplus.com and update contact information on Infinite Campus. Please see Directions for Completing Emergency Data Review & Paying Fees Online below.
4. Parent Board is the Linworth version of a PTA/O. There are no membership dues and you won’t be asked to sell something. Parent Board has an amazing impact on the opportunities for a small school like Linworth.
In the near future, the Parent Board will have a schedule of events in which you are welcome to participate.
In the meantime, Parent Board is looking for a Treasurer. The financial system is well established and you would be trained by the out-going Treasurer. If you’re interested, please email Co-Presidents AnnMarie McCallisters <email@example.com> and Sara Rampersaud <firstname.lastname@example.org>, as well as Secretary Lisa Culp <email@example.com>.
Please take a few minutes to help support them without having to make any financial commitment. Simply make Linworth Parent Board the benefactor to your Kroger, Target, and AmazonSmile accounts.
These accounts really provide great resources for Parent Board to help our kids.
5. The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households.
6. The 2021-22 Worthington City Schools High School Handbook is available here.
Remember these dates:
Registration: Tuesday, August 10, and Wednesday, August 11, 9:00-3:00
Linworth Community Picnic: Wednesday, August 11, starting at 6:00 p.m.
New Student Orientation: Wednesday, August 11, 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Linworth 101 (for parents/guardians): Wednesday, August 11, 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
First days of school (both at Linworth all day): Wednesday, August 18, & Thursday, August 19
Meet the Teacher Night: Wednesday, August 25, 7:00-8:30