Welcome To Wake County
Wake county facts
- Wake county is home to our state capital Raleigh.
- Wake county is in the central region or the metropolitan region.
- Wake county got its name in honor of William Tryon's wife Margret Wane Tryon.
- there are a total of 7 members on the County Board of Commissioners.
- 2 of the natural land marks Wake county are Pullen Park and Lake Johnson Park.
- 2 tourest attractions are Cameron Park and Cameron Village historical district.
- Granville, Franklin, Nash, Johnson, Harnett, Chathom and Durham all border Wake county.
- the county seat is in Raleigh.
- There are 8 members of the city/town council.
- The city/town manager is Ruffin L. Hall.
- The mayor of Wake County is Nancy McFarlane.
- The County is known for its warming climate, sports teams,parks and museums, and all the history that is there.
- some tourist attractions are the county parks, restaurants and historical sightings.