AEG C. IV Fighter (1916)

by: Isaiah Maxey

The picture was found at www.wikipedia.org

What does it do?

The C.IV was a German two seat biplane aircraft. The type was primarily fielded as reconnaissance platform from 1916 onward through. The C.IV served as a bomber escort and saw service with the German air service through to the end of WW1 in 1918. Next, the plane could fly as high as 16,404 feet. The plane could also stay in the air for than three hours on a tank of fuel. The information was found at www.militaryfactory.com
Big image

The picture was found at alh-research.tripod.com

-

How does it work?

The C.IV was bomber escort which means it escorted the bomber planes to their target. The C.IV was based on the AEG C.ll but featured a larger wingspan and an additional forward firing spandau type 7.92 mm (.312 in) machine gun. The AEG C.IV was powered by the Mercedes D.III 160 NP incline engine not suitable for upgraded power plants. The plane had a dual cockpit. The pilot would be facing forward while the observer faced backwards. The information was found at www.military factory.com and www.Wikipedia.org

-

Big image

This picture was found at wwi-cookup.com

Big image

The picture was found at flyingmachines.ru

-

Was it successfully used?

Yes it was successfully used

The C.IV represented one of the AEG's most successful wartime ventures with production exceeding some estimated 658 examples. In addition, Due to the success Germany had with the AEG C.IV it was also used by the Turkish flying corp, the Bulgarian air force, and Poland. The information was found at www.militaryfactory.com and www.wikipedia.org

Big image

The picture was found at www.histomin.com

-