EAGLE MOUNTAIN NEWS & NOTES #33
APRIL 27, 2015
Thank you to everyone for another great week of testing last week. Our kids did VERY well & we appreciate your help in ensuring that the testing was taken seriously. We have great news to report with our fifth grade reading scores which is a testament to all of you! Our fifth graders scored 93% on their reading test which was the highest in the district! We also scored 39% advanced which was validation of the hard work that you’ve put into ensuring that our kids were prepared! Way to go EME!
IMPORTANT INFO FOR THIS WEEK!
· Our last EME 25 for the year is Skill #25: Be the best person you can be!
· Thanks for giving your club information to Tim. Students will select tomorrow & our last round of clubs will resume on Friday. Tim will send you a link to sign up a few minutes before your scheduled time – please let him know if you have any trouble.
· I will have your Summative paperwork to you by Wednesday as we will begin summative conferences with you next week.
· Today our 5th graders will visit UNT.
· On Wednesday at our faculty meeting we will welcome Debbie Rhea from TCU who will give us an overview of the TCU LIINK project which will impact our Kinder & First grade classes next year. We need to start on time Wed., so we can be out by 4:15.
· I know you are anxious to know what your teaching assignments will be for next year. Kelli & I have been working on this & hope to be able to announce our changes in the next few weeks.
· Shelly Couch’s husband, Steve, was injured in a pretty serious motorcycle accident over the weekend & had surgery yesterday & is facing another surgery this week. I know they would greatly appreciate your prayers for a full recovery.
· Also, please keep Pam & her dad & their family in your thought as he is not doing well at all & Hospice has been called in. Thank you for your support of our teachers & their families!
· Next week is our Teacher Appreciation Week, & we are preparing a great week of fun & surprises to honor you! We’re doing it big this year!
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday – 5th grade field trip to UNT
Tuesday – , Students select clubs
Wednesday – Faculty meeting with Dr. Debbie Rhea about TCU’s LIINK project for K-1, Happy Birthday to Candice Martin! Possible Fire Drill & Tornado drill - TBA
Thursday – Faculty Staff Luncheon sponsored by Office team & Block!, Kelli will be out Thursday afternoon
Friday – Eagle Mountain University/Clubs Resume – 1:45 – 2:30, PTA Bingo Night & Silent Auction 5:30 – 9:00PM – Please make an appearance if you can, Kelli is out today!
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT:
Your value does not decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.
· Congratulations to Jennifer DeCorte, Dedra Jones, Lisa Dunn, & Beth Welch on their AMAZING Reading Scores! We are truly proud of all of you!
· Kudos to Kelli Shipp once again for her organization of our testing last week. Kelli’s meticulous attention to detail ensured an incredibly smooth testing week with no incident reports so we are grateful! Nice work Kelli Shipp!!!
· Thanks a ton also to Regina who was a TREMENDOUS help to us during testing – she put up signs, & helped Kelli prepare in numerous ways, which we sincerely appreciate. You’re a keeper!