BWMS Parent Update
Welcome to the 2021-21 School Year
The faculty and staff are excited for the beginning of the new school year. We believe in our mission to inspire and guide each of our students to their maximum potential. To accomplish this task, we work hard to personalize instruction, engage students and use data to support learning. We are invested in the full development of your student: academically, socially and emotionally. I love our work and I love our people. It is great to be a Big Walnut Eagle.
Personally, I cannot wait for you to hear from your student how much they love BWMS!
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to give us a call.
Mr. Josh Frame
Important Information to Start the Year
- The 2021-22 Student Supply List can be found Here.
- The Online PowerSchool Portal will be available on Wednesday August 11th. This will include student schedules, locker information and bus routes. *Note: locker and bus route information is only available via the web/computer portal and is not available in the phone app. If you have a question about your bus route, you can call Transportation at 740-965-8967
- We invite all of our Parents and Students to our BWMS Meet & Greet on Monday August 16th. Last Names A-K will be from 10-11 and Last Names L-Z will report from 11-12. Signs will be posted to help your student find the Team of teachers either in the Commons or Gym. Students are also more than happy to walk the school but no teachers will be in their classrooms. Students can walk the schedule, check the locker and socialize with their teachers in the commons/gym. We look forward to meeting all of you.
- All students will receive a copy of their schedule in 1st period class during their staggered start day. Also, 1st period classes will be posted in the student areas.
- BWMS Curriculum Night is Thursday August 26th with a 6:00 PM start time. We will begin in the Gym before giving parents a time to meet with each teacher. The evening will finish by 7:45 PM.
Other opening details:
- BWMS cannot provide supervision of students until 7:25 AM each morning so we ask that parents arrange drop off schedules accordingly. At that time, all students report to their 1st period class.
- If your child will be absent, please call the attendance line at 740-965-7786 by 8:30am on the day of the absence.
- Parent Drop Off and Pick Up should use Fairland Drive. This is for the safety of our students riding the buses coming in from the Cheshire Road entrance. We ask that you pull all the way down to the Orange Cone so we can drop off and pick up as many students as possible.
Reminder for 7th Grade Families
Stay Connected with BWMS w/ Schoology
2 First day of fall practices for all sports
10 New to the District Student Mtg 6:30
11 Schedule Posting for Students
16 BWMS Meet & Greet 10:00-12:00
18-20 Staggered Starts
18 Fall Sports Pictures
23 1st Day with All Students
23 W STAR Assessments (7 & 8 Reading & Math)
26 Curriculum Night 6:00-8:00
6 Labor Day (no school)
7-10 Student Council/SOAR Elections
10 STAR reports sent Home
17 Grade Update Day
20 Teacher PD Day / Fair Day
21-24 Spirit Week
22 Picture Day 7:45-2:20
28 Conferences, 3:30-7:30
28 DC Parent Meeting 7:30 pm in MS Gym
All information for BWMS athletics can be found at bigwalnutathletics.net and within our BWMS Athletic Schoology Group Code: 2KDR-2KDW-322JB
Scholarship, Ownership, Awareness, Respect
BWMS SOARing Staff Award
We are committed to seeking out our military connected families and assisting those families as needed. Should an immediate family member currently be serving in the military, please complete this form.