The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of February 15, 2016
How does thinking like a scientist help us understand our world?
Friday, Feb. 19th, 8:30am-2:30pm
- Our focus is on technology and engagement...don't forget to use those total participation techniques!
Bulldog Buddies Universal Reward!!!
Friday, Feb. 12th, 2-2:15pm
- Students will wear Pajama's & can bring a furry friend/bedtime buddy to read to.
- If your students are at Specials please have them bring their books!
The Curriculum Corner: Growing Independent Writers, Part 2
- Paper/Booklets that support differentiation (i.e. number/type of lines, amount of drawing space).
- Tools (pencils & erasers, crayons, stapler, correction tape, etc.)
- Current Mentor Texts for students to review
- Context/Topic Vocabulary "Key Rings" (i.e. winter words, science terms, etc.)
- Binders (or "key rings") that contain smaller versions of "retired" anchor charts"
Next week we will go beyond Domain 2 and talk more about modeling what good (independent writers do). In the meantime, don't forget to share some ways you have grown independent writers in your classroom social media, email or in the footer of the Buzz!
Our students are thinking like scientists!
Words to Inspire
African American Read-in
Thank you to all our guest readers...our students had a blast!
News & Notes
- Don't forget that students must select a specific dish when we complete lunch counts each morning by selecting #1, #2 or #3 (salad). This will ensure that enough food is prepared.
- Mrs. Young is establishing a building technology committee and we need your input! If you would like to participate, please let her know.
The microwave in the demo room is getting disgusting again...please clean it after each use and remember to cover your food.
You're the Best...Quotes from the Staff!
- Bullock Staff You Are Appreciated…”Let’s not forget a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.” ~Jackson Brown~
- Thank you Marian for always going above and beyond for our students!
- Shout out to Mr. Bittner for sharing the gym with us! The kids love it!
- Thank you to Mrs. Raynor for always being so helpful!
- 3rd Grade lunch crew – love the conversation!
- Thank you Ms. Young for supporting our first Mock Trail!
- Donna…thank you for bring DOT Day to Bullock….It was AWESOME!!!!
- Bulldog Buddies Committee-Thank you to all those who participated in my graduate research work and provided me with your feedback. I appreciate your time and input.
- Mama Donna for dot week!
- Theresa for the beautiful shirts!
- Thanks, Donna for organizing Dot Week! The kids had a DOT-TABULOUS time!
- Melinda, thanks for being you! -Skinter
- Huge thanks to Carol and Joan who manage the office and all of us and still pull off a fantastic luncheon and a wonderfully successful basket raffle. We'd all be nuts without YOU both!
- 02/04 - Faculty Meeting (3:00 PM, Media Center)
- 02/05 - African American Read-in/Real Men Read Visit
- 02/10 - Grade 1 Dot Day (9:30, Gymnasium) & Bulldog Buddies Meeting
- 02/11 - Rodgers Family Valentine's Dance
- 02/12 - Inservice Day
- 02-16 - SIT Meeting: ELA Units
- 02/18 - One-One PLC (Chapters 4-6) & CAST Paperwork DUE
- 02/19 - Bulldog Buddies Universal Reward - Fall in Love with Reading!
- 02/25 - CAST Meetings & PTO Meeting (Bullock Media Center)
- 02/26 - Star Student Luncheon & Multi-Cultural Club Performance