Mrs. L. King
November 14, 2014
Veteran's Day Celebration
Staying warm at recess!
In addition to wearing a warm winter coat, here are a few tips to help ensure that your child stays warm during the cold winter months!
- Send students to school with plenty of layers, sweatshirts, sweaters and pullovers. Layering clothing will allow them to add or remove items depending on the weather.
- Hats are one of the most important parts of dressing warmly in the winter. A thick winter hat will keep students from losing too much of that essential body heat.
- Gloves will keep kids’ hands toasty warm and protect their skin from becoming damaged by the wind and chill!
In order to play in the snow, students are required to to wear boots and gloves. It is also very helpful if all items are labeled with your child's name.
Important Information for next week!
Next week is Week A of homework!
Our next Wordly Wise test will be Friday, November 21st.
Monday: Study Wordly Wise Words and Read a book for 20 minutes.
Tuesday: Words Their Way Word Sort and study Math Fluency.
Wednesday: Study Wordly Wise Words and Read a book for 20 minutes.
Thursday: Buddy Sort and Math Fluency.
Friday: Wordly Wise quiz over Book 3, Lesson 5.
Mark your Calendar!
- November 26-28: Thanksgiving Break
- December 18th: Gingerbread House Decorating
Next Week's Specials
Tuesday 11/18- Day 5: P.E.
Wednesday 11/19- Day 6: Music
Thursday 11/20- Day 1: Art and Library
Friday 11/21- Day 2: P.E.
We are Learning...
Math: We will be working on Elapsed Time.
Writing: Students are writing some amazing Realistic Fiction Stories. We will continue writing stories focusing on developing believable plots.
Science: We are completing our study of bridge basics. Starting next week, students will study the materials that will be available and then we will build bridges using the Engineering Model.