Weekly Newsletter - November 7, 2019
the month of remembrance
Our Mission and Vision Statements
St. Joseph Catholic School provides students with a safe and prayerful learning environment, enveloped by an intimate community of active and faithful families.
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Fort Worth are committed to opening the doors so that our students can reach further than the walls that would otherwise enclose them and therefore are able to recognize and cherish the eternal and transcendental goods of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness.
From the Principal
The readings at this Wednesday's mass were significant for they spoke to our tasks as Christians: To love one another in order to fulfill God's law, and to set aside the things of the world that distract us from following Jesus; we are to follow him with a grateful heart even when it is difficult. Fr. Kelley spoke about how we are called to be disciples, not to complain. We all carry burdens, difficult things we must offer up to the Lord or your burden was for nothing.
Father's homily brought to mind an important piece of advice I heard on EWTN during my drive home the other day: Anyone can do a good day well. It is the saint who takes the days that are hard and makes their way through them with a grateful heart full of love. Don’t waste the days that are hard. Use them to become a saint. What good advice for all of us!
In Christ's service,
Diane Price, M.Ed.L.
Theme for the Year: Goodness
Goodness Bible Verse for November
saintly quote to ponder
We must hope that God, in His goodness, will bless your efforts and bestow upon you all the graces you need to accomplish His most holy will because you were chosen for this work by the guidance of Divine Providence. - St. Louise de Marillac
Latin and greek roots challenge
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- Friday, November 8th is an Early Dismissal - Students are dismissed at noon.
- Due - Raffle Tickets and Boxes of Joy - Friday, November 8th - Friday is the last day to turn in AK2R raffle tickets and Boxes of Joy are due! Thank you for selling those tickets, and for packing wonderful gifts for children in need.
- A Knight to Remember - A Night in Monte Carlo is this Saturday Night!
- Book of Life and Remembrance Wall - Please feel free to write down names of loved ones passed in the Book of Life found in the school office. The names will be read over the school announcements during the month of November. Also, we are accepting photos of family members who have passed, to post on the Remembrance Wall in the school cafeteria. You may drop these photos off in the school office and they will be placed on the wall for you. PLEASE be sure to write your name on the back of the photo if you would like it returned to you at the end of November.
- Please follow the Parent/Student Handbook guidelines on appearance and uniform requirements like socks, hair color, length and style, nail color and length, etc. Thank you.
- If you are an Amazon customer, please use Amazon Smile! We receive a donation from Amazon when you shop. Go to: smile.amazon.com to participate. It is a very easy way to support the school! Thank you!
- If you know a St. Joseph Catholic School alumni, please let them know we are looking to stay in contact, and would love to hear how they are doing. See the notice in our alumni section of below.
Home and School Association (HSA)
- Our next Home and School Association (HSA) Meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 15th at 7:00 pm in the school cafeteria, with "Meet the Artist" in the library, beginning at 6:00 pm. More information to come about that. We hope you can attend!
- The children of HSA Members who have paid their dues to join, and are able to attend the monthly meetings, are allowed to wear any SJCS spirit shirt purchased through the school with blue jeans and tennis shoes of their choice to school on the Thursday after the meeting!
HSA Spirit Night Contest
This year we are going to have a Spirit Night Contest!
The class that has the most attendance for Spirit Nights will win an ICE CREAM Sundae Party!
Each teacher will be given an envelope to keep the receipts and it is easy to participate!
Three Easy Steps:
1. Attend a Spirit Night
2. Save your receipt
3. Turn the receipt in to your teacher (if multiple students turn in their receipt to one teacher, be sure to write all the students' names on the receipt)
Shop with Amazon? Why not help the school?
Amazon Smile is a program that gives back to organizations. If you have an Amazon account, just Google "Amazonsmile" to find out how to give back to St. Joseph Catholic School. Each purchase contributes a small portion to our school.
Stewardship Opportunity: Water Walk 2019 - November 22nd!
Check out this message just for us!
Knights in Action!
Monday Morning Prayer Service
Congrats to Ayden!
The men were so moved by the letter written by 4th grader, Ayden Bingham, that it was framed and placed on the wall in their New York office! Way to go, Ayden!
North Texas Catholic
The North Texas Catholic sent a reporter to speak with the students as well!
Check out all the wonderful articles and social media posts from the visit!
Mystery Reader in the Library
Moments Captured around campus
Our Knights have been working hard this week!
Art This Week
3rd Grade: Drawing Shopping List Items - Communicating using pictographs and 8th Grade: Mixed Media Modern Portraits - Altered Interpretations of works by Van Gogh and Vermeer
Nice work, Knights! Thank you for all your guidance, Mr. Suarez!
Exploring New Horizons
STREAM Wish list
STREAM Enrichment would love to have these items donated for your children's use.
- pipe cleaners
- clothes pins
- Popsicle sticks ( big and small) (colorful and plain)
- plastic spiders (Halloween)
- cotton balls
- candy corn
- marshmallows- small
- colored pom poms
- scotch tape
- gallon plastic bags
- Jolly Ranchers
- Hershey's Kisses
Roboknights and alumni news!
Do you have any information you would like to share with the entire Knight Community? We would love that as well! Please send your news to email@example.com.
Once a Knight - Forever a Knight!
Meet our Dominican Sisters!
Meet our parish priests!
St. Joseph Roman Catholic Parish
- Be sure to look into FORMED.org. The parish has paid for your subscription to this vast library of inspiring videos and essential reads to help grow your faith. Just go straight to the "Enter Code" button and enter 4BDX9H to begin the process. You may also access this through the parish website link below. Enjoy!
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is occurring after daily Mass in the Chapel until 5:45pm. Come spend some time with our Lord.
- Please enjoy this link to a lovely article in the North Texas Catholic about the pastor of St. Joseph Parish, Fr. Kelley: https://t.co/3ItrotxIyf
Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth link:
ST. JOSEPH, PROTECTOR OF FAMILIES, PRAY FOR US.