Progress Reports go home today!
- Your student's current grade in each subject is highlighted in yellow at the top of their progress report.
- Assignments showing a score of '0' are missing, and your student may complete it and turn it in for full credit unless its Homework or a Daily Five Recording Sheet.
- I cannot give new copies of homework for students to complete, unless they were absent. If they completed the homework assignment but lost it or didn't put their name on it, they may still turn it in for full credit.
- If I wrote "ex" by an assignment, that means your child is exempt from that assignment and it is not affecting their grade.
- At the top of everyone's ELA Progress Report, there is an assignment called "Reading Test" that I have crossed out. That was listed on this progress report by mistake, it is not affecting their grade!
- Please feel free to email or call me if you have any questions about your child's progress report!
Please sign and return your child's progress report.
Important Dates and Reminders!
December 11th, 2015- Winter Holiday Meal at Claxton
December 16th, 2015- After School Dance
December 21st 2015- January 1st, 2016- No School
Claxton Winter Dance!
You can help support the dance by signing up to bring food or signing up to help out for a while on the Google Sheet below. Thank you!
Our Classroom Needs
Dry Erase Markers
Used Chapter Books
Snacks for the class
Peek at the Week
Math: In math this week, we will continue our unit on division. We are working on using conceptual models (are models, place value, etc) to help us understand long division.
Daily Five: We will continue accountability in daily five this week! Each day, the students will track their choices and what they accomplished during each round. Students will have the option to listen to reading, read to someone, read to self, work on words, and work on writing.
In addition to Daily Five, this week we are also learning how to pick out the reasons and evidence that an author uses in making a point.
Science: This week we are learning all about magnets and how they work!