Rocking Rock Cakes
- 200g self-raising flour
- 75g butter or margarine
- 75g sugar
- 75g mixed dried fruit (or 20g glacé cherries and 55g mixed fruit)
- 1 egg
- Non-stick baking tray (lined)
- Mixing bowl
- Weighing scales
- Pallet Knife
- Small Bowl
- Cooling rack
- Preheat oven to 200°C or gas mark 7.
- Sieve flour into the bowl.
- Rub in the butter or margarine into the flour until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and dried fruit.
- Whisk the egg lightly in a small bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and carefully add the egg.
- Mix to form a soft, yet firm, dough.
- Divide the dough into roughly 16 equal pieces (rocks) and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- And finally keep out of reach of small children (Cubs).