The SMS Athletic Newsletter
Week of 11/27/22:
This week's edition includes:
- Community Survey- help shape SCS's future!
- SMS Cheer is Here!
- Basketball Sideline Cheer is Here!
- Winter Intramurals!
- Winter Sports Update: Game/Meet schedules have been posted!
- Spirit Wear (Christmas is getting CLOSE)!
- 2023 Football Interest Survey
- Student-athlete eligibility information
- Strongsville Athletic Booster Information
- Buy athletic event tickets from your phone
- Youth Hockey anyone?
- Athletic Programming from the Strongsville Recreation
- Click/Tap HERE for previous editions of the Cold Pizza
Jason Keppler, Assistant Athletic Director
Strongsville City Schools
STRATEGIC PLANNING - WE WANT YOUR VALUABLE FEEDBACK!
Strongsville City Schools, in partnership with The Impact Group, is embarking on developing a three-year strategic plan and we need your input! One of the ways we are asking for feedback is through surveys open to families of current SCS students, SCS staff, and community members. Survey Links for each group are found below. Please consider taking some time to provide your feedback, as it will be critical to the development of our goals and objectives over the next three years. Surveys will likely take 10-15 minutes to complete and will remain open through November 30th.
Strong community and family support is the foundation of a strong school district. We appreciate and look forward to receiving valuable input in shaping the future of Strongsville City Schools!
Click HERE for the Parent/Family Survey (those who have students currently enrolled in SCS)
Click HERE for the Community Survey (those who don't have students currently attending SCS)
We Want You For SMS Cheer!
We still need a couple more 8th grade girls so please consider registering if interested. Anyone interested can follow the registration directions HERE. We hope to see you!
WINTER SPORTS UPDATES
We are very excited to announce that intramural bowling will begin soon!
Dates Session 1: 11-30, 12-7, 12-14, 1-4
Fee- $40 includes lanes fees (2 games), shoe rental, awards.
Fees paid via PaySchool, online or in the office (not prorated if student misses)
A snack bar will be open for purchases
A bus will take students to T&M Lanes in Brunswick and will return students to SMS for a 5:45 or 6:00 pick-up.
Registration deadline: Sun, 11/27 11:59 p.m.
- Will begin after winter break. More details to come soon!
- Games begin 11/29 versus Brunswick! Game schedule can be found HERE
- Practice schedules can be found HERE
There is lots of other information there as well!
- Game Schedules
- Game Results/Recaps
- Athletic Forms
- Sports Medicine Info
- Ticketing Info
- Online Team Shop
- Sports Registration/Tryout Info
Football Interest Survey
- Students must maintain at least a 2.0 G.P.A. Should their G.P.A. fall below a 2.0 they will be put on a weekly progress reports to assure assignments and effort are up to snuff. If not the players will be required to sit until improvement is made.
- Students must have passed at least 4 classes in the previous quarter (5 if at SHS). Should this criteria not be met a student will not be eligible for the forthcoming athletic season.
- Pay to Participate and previous year academic fees must be paid in order to partake in athletic games/contests. Students will be withheld from all contests until fees are paid.
OHSAA Eligibility Resource Center
Strongsville Athletic Boosters
HOMETOWN TICKETING FAN APP
NEW WAYS TO PURCHASE TICKETS
All other VARSITY sporting events will have $7.00 tickets for adults and $5.00 for students.
For stand alone JV, Freshman AND Middle School games, tickets will be $4.00 and $2.00
1. Tickets will be sold online through our NEW online Ticketing Partner, Hometown Ticketing. The link can be found HERE. This is the preferred method of payment for all home contests. You can also purchase tickets by going to STRONGSVILLEATHLETICS.ORG and by clicking on each team's schedule, there is a BUY TICKETS option. If you have question, please reach out to the Athletic Office.
2. We will offer at the gate cash and CREDIT CARD sales for all home contests. Again, if you do not want to wait in line, the online ticket option would be best
3. SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNTS. The GCC will allow Senior Citizens into any contest free of charge. At Strongsville, we will be issuing Senior Citizen All-Access passes that will allow them to attend any HOME sporting event free of charge. Passes will issued at any ticket gate upon entrance to an event.
(Please keep in mind that when we play non-league contests away, those schools may have a different senior citizen policy)
If you have any questions about the ticketing policy, please do not hesitate to contact the athletic department.