by Hannah Rose blk 4
What is suicide?
Suicide is the act or instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally
- Every 13 minutes an American dies by suicide
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in America
- Suicide is the 3rd cause of death that makes the person loose the most years of their life (after cancer and heart disease)
- 52% of suicides are performed using a firearm
- 20-25% of Americans suffer from depression
- There is 1 suicide death for every 25 suicide attempts
National Suicide Prevention Hotline is available 24/7 and has a mission to help suicidal people to keep them living. The phone number is 1-800-273-TALK(8255)
- "Save. Suicide Awareness Voices of Education." SAVE. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Dec. 2015.
- "National Suicide Prevention Lifeline." Lifeline. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Dec. 2015.