Tiger News for Garfield Families
Garfield Elementary news, updates and information
Monday October 3
- School folders (school/home communication)
Wednesday October 5
- Bus Safety Drills in the morning (student drills done at school during arrival)
Thursday October 6
- Let's Connect Event, 6:00-7:00 pm at Madison Elementary (see below)
Friday October 7
- Tiger Pride Assembly, 1:30 - 2:00 pm (info below)
- Learning Improvement Friday, dismissal at 2:15 pm
Looking Ahead ...
Wednesday October 12
- School Picture Day
Thursday October 13
- Showcase of Learning 5:30 - 6:30 pm
Friday October 14
- No School - Learning Improvement Day
Monday October 17
- PTA Meeting 6:30 pm
Friday October 28
- Early release, 1 pm
- Conference Week, early release at 1 pm
Thursday November 10
- Veteran's Day Assembly 2:45 pm
Friday November 11
- No School - Veterans Day Holiday
Thursday December 8
- Holiday Lane 5:00 - 6:00 pm
Thursday March 23
- 2023 Concert 6:30 pm at Everett Civic Auditorium
Let's Connect in Region One!
You are invited to connect with the Region One Regional Superintendent, Pete Misner, to engage in conversation about Back to School and to provide feedback to help us improve. We want to hear from you and hope you can attend an in-person meeting to share your thoughts.
Topic: Back to School
Date: October 6, 2022
Time: 6 - 7 p.m.
Location: Madison Elementary School
Questions that will be posed:
- What are the academic needs your student may have?
- What does student achievement mean to you?
Tiger Pride Assembly Friday October 7
Our first Tiger Pride Assembly will be held in person in our cafeteria Friday 1:30 - 2:00 pm. Assembly will be streamed live via zoom for those that cannot attend in person.
Tiger Pride Assembly
Friday October 7 1:30 - 2:00 pm
Garfield Elementary Cafeteria and via Zoom link
Zoom Meeting ID: 960 5733 0116
We will be celebrating our Students of the Month, class Tiger Pride winners and learning about our pride focus for October.
Noticia Importante! Les vamos a ofrecer la oportunidad de hacer su aplicacion de Voluntarios en la escuela Garfield. Las fechas son Octubre 7, y Octubre 21, a las 9:45. Despues de que los estudiantes entren a la escuela. En la ofecina apuntencen y estamos disponibles los computadores para asistirles.
Gracias, Ms. Kika
Important Notice! We are offering an opportunity to assist you in filling out your Volunteer application here at Garfield. The dates are October 7th and October 21st at 9:45. After the students enter school. Please sign in at the office we will have the computers and are ready to assist you!
Thank you, Ms. Kika
Garfield PTA - Melissa Ihler
Hello Tiger families! A lot is in the works since our last meeting and additional input is always appreciated. Our next meeting is scheduled for Oct. 17 and is planned to be in a hybrid format again. If you are a member, please watch your email for updates regarding PTA news as well as upcoming meetings, fundraisers, and events! If you are not a member yet, please follow the QR code below or go to https://www.memberplanet.com/packetview/garfieldelementarypta/garfieldmembershipform to sign up. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out at email@example.com. We look forward to collaborating with all of you to help make this an amazing year for our Tigers!
- The Volunteers of America Dispute Resolution Center is presenting Renter Certification as well as Fair Housing Training. Please share the attached email announcement which contains flyers and registration information.
- Washington state has allotted $340 million for the COVID-19 Immigrant Relief Fund, in which eligible people may apply to receive a check or prepaid card of at least $1,000. Applicants will be accepted until Nov. 14. Visit www.immigrantreliefwa.org or call the WAISN hotline at 1-844-724-3737. This link contains more information.
We look forward to seeing your student at school each and every day. Regular school attendance is important, and we will work with you to ensure your child is present and benefiting from a world-class education. Remember - if you show, you grow!
Please report your student's absence by calling or emailing the school.
Attendance Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendance Line: 425-385-4705
When reporting attendance, please provide the following information:
- Student name:
- Student ID:
- Reported by:
If you leave a voicemail, please provide a written note or email within 30 days of your student’s first day back to school. If you need assistance or would like recommendations on how to help ensure your student's regular school attendance, please contact your student's teacher, or our school counselor, Mrs. Dubin (email@example.com).
Location: 2215 Pine Street, Everett, WA