WRAPPING IT UP
Ending Your Essay on a Good Note
Importance of Your Conclusion Paragraph
Restate Your Thesis/Main Points
Finalize the Essay
Ten Commandments of Conclusion Paragraphs
2) Thou shalt not repeat anything word for word from anywhere else in your paper.
3) Thou shalt not repeat anything word for word from anywhere else in your paper. See what I did there?
4) Thou shalt not provide any new information. The conclusion is a place to recap. It's not a place to throw all the extra stuff that you didn't know where to put.
5) Thou shalt provide the reader with a sense of closure.
6) Thou shalt not be conceited and refer to thyself in the conclusion (unless it is finishing up a personal story from your hook).
7) Thou shalt not even consider putting something like "The End" as your conclusion.
8) Thou shalt not put anything such as "this concludes my essay" (we know it's a conclusion, it's the last paragraph).
9) Thou shalt not make the conclusion paragraph the longest paragraph in your paper. The Conclusion and the Introduction should be the shortest two paragraphs in your essay.
10) Thou shalt not repeat anything word for word from anywhere else in your paper. Sorry I couldn't help myself, but I hope you get the picture now.