- Atomic Number: 43
- Atomic Mass: 98
- Protons/Electrons- 43
- Neutrons- 55
- Hyphen Notation: Technetium ▬ 43
Group: Transition Metal
- they form colored compounds.
- they are good conductors of heat and electricity.
- they can be hammered or bent into shape easily.
- they are less reactive than alkali metals such as sodium.
- they have high melting points - but mercury is a liquid at room temperature
- 4Tc(s) + 7O2(g) → 2Tc2O7(s)
- Technetium Dioxide Dihydrate
Dmitri Mendeleev, how can you predict instability?
do you have a dog, Technetium?
can you survive in the snow of Serbia?
are you, like Mendeleev, your mother's favorite?
yes, yes, yes. you are.
if you listen closely, you can see that the element number forty-three has a divine purpose.
see the dog on its leash.
is everything in the world science? is it art? love?
it is radioactive.
yes, yes, yes.
once I was young, I got sick.
once when I was old, I journeyed to the north pole and never returned.
I walked my dog, Technetium. I walked it for forty-three miles.