During the interview
- Greet the employer by giving them and handshake and telling them your name
- Arrive on time
- Bring your resume
- Ask what your duties would be in that particular job
Interview questions and tips
- What is your greatest weakness? -Answer by turning you weakness into a positive.
- What is your greatest strength?- Answer by thinking about what would be most important to the job.
- When can you start? -Don't sound too desperate or eager in your answer.
- Why should we hire you? -Use the job description in the answer.
- Why do you want to work here? -Show interest in the company and the position.
After the interview
- Shake their hand again and thank them
- Send them a thank you note afterwards
- Follow up if they don't contact you
Dress for the interview
- Men wear a button up shirt, a tie, and slacks.
- Women wear dresses, skirts, or slacks.
- Don't make negative comments about previous employers.
- Don't lie.
- Don't chew gum.
- Don't slouch.
- Don't have a bad attitude.