BHCS Charter Chatter
Don't miss out! Purchase a YEARBOOK now!
It is time for our annual yearbook sale to begin. Don't wait to reserve a copy of the Bethel Hill Charter School Yearbook for your child. Yearbooks are currently on sale for just $18.00 or choose to have your child's name added to the front of their yearbook for just $23.00.
There are two purchasing options to choose from:
- Buy online with your credit card at www.strawbridge.net by entering Yearbook ID Code YB104483 and following the online ordering instructions.
- If you would like to pay with cash or check, simply return a completed yearbook order form along with your payment to your child's teacher. Checks are to be made payable to Strawbridge. If paying with cash, please send exact change. Envelopes are processed by Strawbridge and change cannot be returned.
Order forms will be sent home with each student. Additional order forms are available from your child's teacher or can be picked up in the front office. Extra copies may not be available for purchase at the end of the school year - so reserve your child's yearbook today!
DEADLINE FOR YEARBOOK ORDERS: Thursday, February 20th.
After this date yearbooks will be $20.00 and personalized orders will NOT be accepted.
Please feel free to contact Stephanie Cook if you have questions.
336-599-2823 x225 or firstname.lastname@example.org
BHCS will hold its school spelling bee on Thursday, January 9 at 9:00 am in the school auditorium. Each class in grades 3-5 will have two representatives in the bee. These representatives were determined by winning the spelling bees held in their classes. The first and second place winners will go on to represent BHCS in the District Spelling Bee on Tuesday, February 5, 2020 at Cornerstone Charter Academy in Greensboro, North Carolina. Best of luck to all students!!
Happy New Year! I am so excited over the progress all of the classes are making in music. They
are learning many musical terms and how music relates to all of our lives.
The first graders did an amazing show with The Littlest Reindeer and we all learned that we are
all important regardless of our differences. Listen out for our new show in March which will feature our third graders!
Again wishing all a great start to this our new year 2020!
Student Council Pajama Day
Pajamas at school... too cool!
And you're in luck, it will only cost one buck!!!
Student Council is sponsoring a “pajama day” on Wednesday, January 15. Students who come to school in pajamas are asked to bring $1 to support the Student Council Spring Beautification Project.
The peak of the cold and flu season is upon us. To prevent the spread of illness, we recommend your child stay at home if they are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms. The following tips can be used as a guiding source:
Consider keeping your child at home for an extra day of rest and observation if he or she has any of the following symptoms:
- Very stuffy or runny nose and/or cough
- Mild sore throat (no fever, no known exposure to strep)
- Mild stomach ache
Definitely keep your child at home for treatment and observation if he or she has any of these symptoms:
- Fever (greater than 100 degrees by mouth; your child may return to school only after his or her temperature has been consistently below 100 degrees, by mouth, for a minimum of 24 hours without the assistance of fever-reducing medication)
- Vomiting (even once)
- General feelings of fatigue, discomfort, weakness or muscle aches
- Frequent congested or croupy cough
- Lots of nasal congestion/frequent blowing of nose
To help prevent the spread of illness, teach your children good hygiene habits:
- Wash hands frequently
- Do not touch eyes, nose, or mouth
- Cover mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing, use a tissue, throw it away and then wash hands
- Avoid close contact with individuals who are sick.
Thank you in advance for helping make our school healthy!
BHCS Board of Directors
The BHCS Board consists of nine total positions. Each year, three positions come up for election for a three-year term. These positions are open to the public, including parents and non-parents of BHCS. All applicants are welcome. If you are interested in serving on the BHCS Board, please contact:
Suzanne Beshears – Suzanne.Beshears@bethelhill.net
Applications for upcoming elections are due no later than Saturday, February 29.
Bethel Hill Charter School
Attention: BOD Application
401 Bethel Hill School Road
Roxboro, NC 27574
We appreciate your support!
BHCS Kindergarten Registration
2020/2021 Kindergarten Registration
Registration for next year’s kindergarten classes will begin in January. All students (priority and nonpriority) who wish to register for the 2020/2021 school year will need to attend one of the following meetings. All Priority Students (Siblings of current students, in district students, and children of employees) must attend one of the January meetings. Non-Priority Students must attend one of any of the four available meetings.
· January 14 at 7 pm in the auditorium
· January 30 at 10 am in the auditorium
· February 4 at 7 pm in the auditorium
· February 27 at 10 am in the auditorium
Kindergarten applications will only be accepted at one of the listed meetings. Please do not send applications back to school by currently enrolled students.