Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
October 9, 2015
Ms. Bousman's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @Amy_Bousman
Upcoming Dates to Remeber
- Friday, October 9th- End of first 9 weeks
- October 5-October 21- Parent Teacher Conferences
- October 22 & 23- Fall Break- NO SCHOOL
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 5 Art
- Tuesday- Day 6 PE
- Wednesday- Day 1 Music
- Thursday- Day 2 Art
- Friday- Day 3 PE
What's Happening in Ms. Bousman's Class
Parent Teacher Conferences
- We will continue our small reading groups. Ask your child what book we are reading in our small group.
- Students will continue to learn about strategies when reading independently.
- We will discuss characters and settings in realistic fiction.
- We will continue our daily 5 activities where we will read, write, and do word work.
- We will begin learning about the concept of multiplication.
- We will model multiplication using equal- sized groups, arrays, area models, and equal jumps on a number line.
- We will learn and understand the properties of multiplying with 0 and 1.
- We will continue with math workshop where the students practice math alone, with partners, and in groups while I get to know the students better as mathematicians.
- We will test over addition and subtraction at the end of the week.
- We will review what a strong lead in a story looks like, adding details to a story, and making sure to have a beginning, middle, and end.
- While reviewing the skills of writing a small moment story the students will be learning to write to a prompt.
- We will develop our OUCH stories. :)
NEWS FROM THE THORPE CREEK OFFICE
The 2015 Liger XC Mile will take place on Thursday, October 15th at Hamilton Southeastern HS!! This race/run/walk is for ALL K- 6th grade students in the Hamilton Southeastern School District. School team scores will be kept for intermediate and elementary competition.