RES Staff Update
December 11-15, 2017
Staff Dress for This Week
Monday-Holiday spirit wear with jeans or professional dress
Tuesday-Team Shirt Tuesday with jeans, holiday spirit wear with jeans or professional dress
Wednesday-Holiday spirit wear with jeans or professional dress
Thursday-Holiday spirit wear with jeans or professional dress
Friday-Holiday spirit wear or Robison spirit wear with jeans
Rob the Elf
District Attendance Incentive
Technology Update from Christi Moran
PLEASE READ! PLEASE READ! PLEASE READ!
This is a friendly reminder to please take care of our laptop carts. Students SHOULD ALWAYS carefully remove and return the laptops neatly back to their designated shelf. This also means the charger cords should be organized and tidy! PLEASE take the time to make sure that students are respecting our technology…. I understand that it takes time but YOU HAVE to make it a priority! These “new” laptops will be around for a LONG time so we need to take the time to take care of them. If it is not important to you, your students will feel it is not important to them.
Laptops should not be removed from the carts for any reason outside of classroom use. If you are needing a laptop, for whatever reason, please come see me. We have many missing laptops that should be in their carts. If a laptop is broken, please fill out a service request and place a sticky note on top of it so the technology department can easily locate it. If you get a cart and it is missing laptops, please send me an email to let me know. If you find a laptop, please return it to the cart or bring it to me.
I appreciate your attention to this matter. We MUST take the time to teach kiddos the importance of taking care of our school and our technology because if we do not, we will not have it very long.
Message from PTO
Here is some important additional information about this:
Hi Robison Teachers,
Attached is a video discussing the My School Anywhere PTO System and how you can gain access to this system, below are the additional notes:
- The links mentioned in the video are as follows:
Volunteer Sign Ups: https://www.myschoolanywhere.com/volunteer-new.a5w?vol=RobisonElementary14450
- To create a family account in MSA please go to www.join.myschoolanywhere.com, enter the join code gorockets and complete the information required. Please note if you have paid your PTO dues as faculty you do not need to pay again for log in details to be associated with a family account. After you have created the account, just let me know you would like a second log in under your family account and it will be sent to you. These log in details which are generated by the system and sent via email will have your temporary password which can be changed after you access the system.
- If you would like to purchase PTO membership, you can do so online through our store (the link is provided above for ease of use)
- Please let me know if you have access and log in details (i.e. username and password) and would like to keep these as they are by Thursday 14th of December. As mentioned, if I resend log in details the old password will no longer work.
- Log in details for all other Faculty PTO members will be sent on Friday 15th December.
It is important that we resolve any access issues as early as possible to ensure you can fully utilize the system. Our goal is to get all users comfortable using the PTO system so we can really benefit from this tool. Also, we have events upcoming that will require access to our online store for sales, volunteer sign ups etc.
If you have any additional questions or queries, please let me know. I am happy to walk you through this if anything at all is confusing.
Member of the PTO Executive Board
Holiday Twitter Challenge #RESholidaybingo
Many of you have been participating, and there is still time for others. You do not have to get a blackout to win!!
This next challenge is similar to our Summer Selfie Bingo Challenge. This is a Holiday Bingo Challenge. You will receive one drawing slip per bingo (up to 5 bingos) and 6 drawing slips if you get a blackout! When you complete a challenge on the bingo card, you'll need to post a picture (or video) of you completing the task AND a picture of the bingo card with that square marked off. Save the picture below to use in your posts. If you need help with how to mark the card or how to post the picture, there are several staff members that can help--just ask! Have fun with this one!! Be sure to tag your tweets with #RESholidaybingo
See the example below the bingo picture. Thank you, Courtney!
Please add these updates to your calendar.
Monday, December 4- Team Leader Meeting (4:15 pm) & Willie's Night (grab your friends or family and support Robison by having dinner at Willie's)
Tuesday, December 5- Para meeting @ 8:00 am
Friday, December 8- Staff Ugly Christmas Sweater Party @ Baker Street
Tuesday, December 12-- Family Night at Holiday Shop (5 to 7 pm)
Monday, December 18-Texas Roadhouse Spirit Night (another opportunity to support Robison by eating out)
Please be sure to read the December Rocket Register for important information as well.