We Are Together Tamanend!
January 7, 2013
Kelly Anne Dolan Service Project Kick Off
- Reading makes you smart... http://edudemic.com/2013/01/skipping-your-reading-homework/
- Working hard at math is more important than IQ... http://psychcentral.com/news/2012/12/22/motivation-study-habits-are-keys-to-math-ability-not-iq/49534.html
Got R o A R?
Mrs. McCain nominated Kathryn K. for Achievement.
Ethan K. was nominated by Mrs. Gamble for being Responsible.
Mrs. Price nominated Jamie M. for Achievement.
This is Your Brain on Adolescence
Tuesday, Jan. 8th, 7pm
Lenape Middle School
Highlighted in a Previous Tamanend Connections:
- All 9th Grade Students and their Parents are encouraged to attend the Curriculum Fair at CB South on January 9, 2013. More information will be communicated directly from CB South.
- Use our online form to nominate a Tamanend student for Boomerang Recognition in January for service to others... family, school or community. Nominations are due January 18th.
- There is no school for students or staff on January 21st. It is a day we remember Martin Luther King, Jr. by giving service to our family, community, and country. We encourage all of our students to think of this day, not as a day OFF, but as a day ON. For a list of service projects that students and families can join on MLK Day, click here.
- Tamanend is helping to Save Kids Castle! Click here to donate your time, talent or money. To learn more about this worthwhile community service project, you can follow it on Twitter @SaveKidsCastle.
- Kelly Anne Dolan In-lieu-of-Gift cards are still available in the TMS Guidance Office. Notify Mrs. Loudenslager or donate online: http://dolanfund.org/account (please note "Tamanend" when donating online).
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- Students currently taking an Algebra course will take the PA Keystone Exam in Algebra this year, unless they took the Algebra Keystone two years ago and were proficient. The following is a link with more information about the PA Keystone Exams: http://www.cbsd.org/curriculum/assessment/Pages/PA-Keystone-Exams.aspx.
- If you have a Twitter account, now you can get "Tiger Tweets" by following us @CBTamanendMS where we will proudly share good news and accomplishments of our students and staff.
Please read and share with others our "TMS Points of Pride."
Please volunteer to help make this year at TMS great!
- Click here to register to receive CBSD text alerts.