BEACON LIGHT KIDDIE UNIVERSITY
"Where the Light of Knowledge Shines on Every Child"
SEASON'S GREETING FROM BEACON LIGHT KIDDIE UNIVERSITY
Language Development skills:
- Phonics : Name, sound. and pictures for Ll, Nn, Mm, and Ss.
- Blends: Scholars will practice blending a consonant with a vowel and Sounding blends and one-vowel words
- Reading skills: Students will do activities that will enhance their reading skills, We have begun our emergent level one books this week.
- Sight Words: Continue reviewing words for pre-primer list while adding primer words.
- Vocabulary words: am family: am-Pam-ham-Sam-jam-slam-spam
Handwriting and Fine Motor skills:
- Handwriting skills practice sheets are done daily. Student practice daily on handwriting skills. this week we are doing the letter Ll -Mm-Nn
- Each scholar will practice free writing of their names, phone number and address; as home assignments
- Shapes recognition. Student are exploring shape names and formation.
- Number recognition. Students are learning number words and number formation. We are doing math readiness skills. Each child must be able to count from 1-120 by end of school year and recognize each number and number word. Students will begin to count backward from 10-1. Also, Student will do patterns and more/less than, Bigger/smaller and sequencing. They will also do number order.
- Color recognition : primary and secondary colors. Students will review colors throughout the school year. Each student should be able to recognize and write color names.
- Days of weeks and Months: We will expand our lessons on learning our days and months. Practice sheets will allow student to get a better understanding of the progression of the days and months.
- Visual perception, Opposites, or classifying worksheets will be on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Telling Time: Student have begun learning the parts of a clock.They are learning how to tell time by hour and half hour this month.
- Social Studies: Student will learn about giving to others this term.
- Books of the Bible and Scripture for the week: Every morning the children go over there books of the Bible and scripture for the month.
- Scripture: Luke 2:17-18, " Now when they had seen Him, they made widely known the saying which was told them concerning this child. And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds."
- Bible Story: The Shepherds finds Jesus
Did you know corner!
That's Why here at Beacon Light there's no limit to how far your child can go when given the right environment, which is the Beacon Light way.
Come and join the Beacon Light Kiddie University family!!!! firstname.lastname@example.org