EVS in TRAPER@S DE EMAÚS
Murcia, Spain - DURATION: 11 months
The Organization Traper@s de Emaús
Traperos Emaús Murcia is a non-profit organization, registered as a Social Services Centre. The Association is a full member of EMAÚS INTERNATIONAL, a collective born 60 years ago that includes 336 groups in 37 countries, whose aim is to provide meaningful work in our social enterprise for people at risk of social exclusion.
Independence and not adhering to any religious beliefs are fundamental; Traper@s de Emaús functions as a group with freedom of speech that is able to criticize freely. The organization's goal is to participate in building a more just and equal society, bringing personal commitment to personal, social and professional growth, developing ways of working that are more compatible with everyday life and the environment and analysing and denouncing situations of injustice.
Since 1995, Traper@s de Emaús main task is the collection of goods to be recycled or sold on; such as paper, clothing , appliances, furniture , books etc. and as such provide work for those already excluded and people at risk of social exclusion.
The overall objective of the Programme of the Association is fostering the process of personal, social and professional recovery of people experiencing social exclusion, in high risk situations and/or those who are particularly vulnerable. This is achieved through individualized comprehensive processes, flexible strategies using innovative and tailored training and workplace insertion.
The beneficiaries of this program are people at risk of social exclusion or those with special difficulties, many of them in situations of vulnerability as a result of the socioeconomic crisis. Some of the participating groups include: homeless people , young people at risk of social exclusion, Roma gypsies, prisoners and ex-prisoners, drug addicts, alcoholics and victims of other addictions in rehabilitation , victims of domestic violence, single parents with children , those with training and labour deficiencies , the long-term unemployed, single men or single parents with great difficulty in finding employment , people with physical and/or mental disabilities, those with mental health problems and other diseases, people with mental illness and addictions, often accompanied by extended time homeless and immigrants with problems associated with exclusion.
DATES: From 10/09/2018 to 9/08/2019
In the Organization there are currently ten fields of work:
- WELCOMING NEW COMPANIONS AND ESTABLISHING RELATIONSHIPS WITH THEM AND SOCIAL CARE.
- COMPREHENSIVE SOCIAL SUPPORT
- HOUSING: COMMUNITY AND HALFWAY HOUSE
- PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC TREATMENT
- BASIC TRAINING.
- PRE- EMPLOYMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL TRAINING
- ASSISTANCE IN INCORPORATING COMPANIONS IN TO JOBS OUTSIDE OF THE COMMUNITY
- PROMOTING THE ACTS OF VOLUNTEERING AND SOCIAL AWARENESS
- SUPPORT IN THE WORKPLACE FOR CERTAIN GROUPS
- SOCIAL INSERTION ENTERPRISE.
The sequence of these ten action lines corresponds to what would be the involvement of the volunteers in Traperos, considering that there are some that cut across the entire process: medium to long term progressive support in both awareness and access to social resources itself, therapeutic care, recovery and acquisition of social and work habits, basic training, further training, pre -occupational and occupational training and assistance in incorporation to the labour market in a standard final stage.
The Association staff come from different areas: social workers, health workers, environmental technicians, psychologists, technicians etc. We are a group of 50 people at risk of exclusion, those that already are excluded and the people that help them in their process of recovery. The technical team is composed of 15 people responsible for coordinating the various areas of the Association. The volunteer will support the team in the different activities carried out.
- Interest in groups at risk of social exclusion, the homeless, drug addicts, minorities, etc.
- Social skills, communication skills and conflict resolution.
- Open to working with people from other cultures and religions.
- Skills in stimulating group dynamics.
- A driving license would be an advantage.
EVS - European Voluntary Service
As a volunteer the European Voluntary Service allows you to learn through non-formal experiences, improve existing or acquire new skills for your personal, educational or professional development.
The voluntary service covers:
- Your travel expenses from where you live to Murcia and back (return ticket);
- All fees for visa and residence permission;
- Comprehensive insurance (health, accident and liability insurance);
- Free accommodation: a room in an apartment;
- Pocket money in the amount of 120 euros per month;
- Food allowance 150 euros pet month;
- Participation in on-arrival and mid-term meeting.