AES @ DFES
Where Wonders Grow
- We believe all people deserve to feel safe, valued, and loved.
- We believe all children are naturally curious about the world around them.
- We believe learning is a social process.
- We believe inquiry fosters an environment of curiosity and wondering.
- We believe in learning from multiple perspectives.
- We believe in learning from authentic primary sources.
- We believe in encouraging learners to take risks.
- We believe reflection should lead to change and growth.
- We believe reflection should lead to social action.
- We believe our actions must be aligned with our beliefs.
DFES Academic Goals
- Increase student math achievement
- Sustain and build upon student writing achievement
Actions to achieve goals:
- Inquire into instructional strategies.
- Inquire into writing engaging curriculum for and with students through environmental education units of study.
Fourth graders in the process of creating original music in M. Rushe's class.
Students taking on the identity of composers, producers, and song writers.
Looking forward to their final products next week.
PBIS Set Team Evaluation
Tuesday, March 24th, 9-11am
As we prepare for this visit please refer to the email E. Perkins sent February 17.
Data Team Tuesday
Fourth Tuesday's are designated for data team purposes. We will not pull together collectively after school.
Marco's Pizza Night
Tuesday, March 24th, 3-8pm
937 Lake Murray Boulevard
Consider Marco's Pizza for dinner this coming Tuesday. Tell them that you are with DFES and a portion of the proceeds will return to our school.