- a Nobel Prize-winning Austrian Physicist
- developed a number of fundamental results in the field of quantum theory
- he formulated the wave equation
- In his book What is Life? (1944)Schrodinger addressed the problems of genetics
Affect on Others
- He is also known for his "Schrodinger cat" thought-experiment.
- Schrodinger's book gave Watson the inspiration to research the gene, which led to the discovery of the DNA double helix structure in 1953.
- Francis Crick influenced by Schrodinger's speculations about how genetic information might be stored in molecules.
12 August 1887
4 January 1961(1961-01-04) (aged 73)