Third Grade EOG Club
Math & ELA Prep for the Test
What will we be working on in ELA?
ELA EOG Prep Plan
Each day will start with a mini lesson on these topics;
1. Week 1- Strategies and Worries - RUNNERS, Other general test taking strategies
2. Week 2- Word Meaning - Context clues
3. Week 3- Character - Traits, Motivations
4. Week 4- Word Meaning - Literal vs. Nonliteral
5. Week 5- Illustrations - Graphs, Pictures, Diagrams, Etc.
6. Week 6- Main Message - Main idea, Lesson, Moral
7. Week 7- Cause and Effect/Sequence - Q&A
8. Week 8- Word Meaning - Context clues, Literal vs. nonliteral, Poetry
9. Week 9- Review of what I feel the students need based on observations
10. Week 10- Celebration, Questions, and Review
The group will practice with an EOG test passage with questions
What will we be working on in Math?
Math EOG Prep Plan
We will start with a mini lesson on these topics;
Week 1 - Strategies and Worries - CUBES
Week 2 - Number Sense Word Problem - Estimation, Addition, Subtraction
Week 3 - Number Sense Word Problems – Multiplication, Division, Properties
Week 4 – Fractions - Equal Parts, Number Line
Week 5 – Fractions - Equivalent
Week 6 - Area and Perimeter
Week 7 - Two Step Word Problems - add., sub., mult., div.
Week 8 - Patterns – Find the Rule, Input/Output Boxes
Week 9 - Review of what I feel the students need based on observations
Week 10 - Celebration, Questions, and Review
The group will then practice with EOG test questions
When and Where?
*e-mail me if you have not received your childs' day yet
Where: Mrs. Hargadine's house (3 minutes from Cox Mill Elementary School)
* e-mail me if you do not have my address yet
$100 for all 10 Sessions
Please pay me with cash or check at our first meeting.
If you need the payment broken up into part, just email me. I am more than willing to break it up among the 10 weeks if needed.
March 28th - No class due to Spring Break
May 23rd - Last Class (Celebration Day)
Who is Mrs. Hargadine?
I am 28 years old and have two amazing sons named Carter (almost 3 years old) and Lucas (6 months old). I love reading and teaching kids! My favorite book is The Tiger Rising, my favorite color is green, and I love fruit and chocolate. I like playing soccer, dancing, going to church, and having fun in the sun!
I taught 3rd grade at Cox Mill Elementary for 5 years. After having my second son I decided to be a stay at home mom. I became a part time tutor in at WM Irvin Elementary for 4th & 5th graders in math and reading because I missed teaching after only a few months. I also tutor individual students in my home but love group tutoring because of the interaction between the kids. I have held summer book clubs and math clubs for 3rd and 4th graders the past 2 years at my house. This will be my first EOG prep club. I am very excited to help kids feel prepared and confident.