Ms. Bertucci & Mrs. Wilkinson News February 8-12, 2016
- Please initial your child's behavior calendar every night. This is very important since this is our communication with you.
- Please send your child with a jacket every day, since we do go outside for recess and the weather changes dramatically in Texas. Please label all your children's belongings.
- Attendance is really important because first grade is around the corner and we still have a lot of material to cover to get them ready.
Reading at home
First, your child should have received 10 sight word readers. These are paper books that the students should be able to read independently by the end of the 6 weeks.
Second, we have access to the wonderful program called RAZ Kids! The students are getting a chance to read through books at school. You may access this vast library of books at their reading level through an iPad or computer. Visit https://www.raz-kids.com/ . Choose kids login. Input teacher username (cwilkinson7 or mbertucci0). Once you are in the classroom choose your child's name. They may read to you or independently. They must pay attention closely. In the 2nd level they will have comprehension quizzes to see if they understood the story. This is a great way to have conversations about what they are reading.
Valentine Candy Grams
Jump Rope for Heart
February 1-5 2016
5 star sentences
When to use capitals
Focus Sight Words:
play and not
Being a Brave Speller
Writing 5 Star Sentences
Writing and solving addition problems
Day and Night
United State Symbols and Valentine's Day
- February 12th Valentine Party
- February 15th - Student holiday/Teacher work day
- February 25th Jump Rope for Heart