BUENA VISTA - NEWSLETTER
DR. AGNES A-KUMI ............... WEEK 40: 5/24 - 5/28
Dear Buena Vista Families
- 5/27 Virtual Open House - Zoom link is below in this newsletter.
- 5/28 No school for students
- 5/31 Holiday, Memorial Day no school for students
- Important information on Yearbook from PTA - Please order your copy today. How? Information is below in this newsletter.
- Free Super Saturday Sports & Fitness Program with Boys & Girls Club. (See attached flyer for more information.)
- Upcoming Events - Important dates as we near the close of the school year.
- Music lesson # 5 for TK - 2nd grade
- Drop off and Pick up procedures
- Bus schedule
- Visitors are not allowed on campus.
Thursday, May 27th, 5pm
This is an online event.
Dr. Kumi is inviting you to a scheduled Buena Vista Open House meeting on Zoom.
Topic: BUENA VISTA OPEN HOUSE
Time: 5:00 PM ON MAY 27, 2021
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 840 2253 7156
UPCOMING EVENTS -
- 5/31 Holiday, no school (Memorial Day)
- 6/9 Wednesday - Regular day. AM and PM schedule.
- 6/9 Wednesday - 6th grade Promotion Ceremony for AM Cohort 9:30am and PM Cohort 1pm. Distance students 8:30am . Three guests per student. Tickets will go out soon.
- 6/10 Thursday - Last Day of School (Minimum Day)
RECORDED MUSIC LESSON #6: FOR TK - 2nd GRADE STUDENTS
- Daily attendance is required. School starts at 8:00am prompt.
- All students must return promptly after recesses and lunch breaks.
- Call the main office to report an absence when your student is ill etc.
- Communicate with your child's teacher so your child can make-up missing work.
- Safe, On Task, Always Respectful, Responsible
- All Eagles must S.O.A.R!
- Please review the chart below on S.O.A.R expectations with your child.
- Encourage them to continue to S.O.A.R.
- Trustworthy - Able to be relied on. Deserving of trust or confidence; dependable; reliable
- I got this! Buena Vista, We got this!!!
Click here to access the seven signs of being a trustworthy person.
Click here to access video explaining growth mindset in a student friendly way.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP PROCEURES
- AM Cohort starts at 8am and ends at 10:30am.
- PM Cohort starts at 12pm and ends at 2:30pm.
- Gates open at 7:50am for the AM cohort and 11:50am for the PM cohort.
- For questions, call the office at 805-742-2020.
Vehicle Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Please drop-off and pick-up students in the area marked off by cones.
- Do not get down from your vehicle. Students will walk to your car.
- Have your child's name displayed in the windshield or side window of your vehicle. Example is in picture below.
- Bus riders will exit gate across from library or the bike gate.
- Students walking home, must use sidewalks.
- Use your helmet if you are riding your bike to and from school.
- For students safety, use the crosswalk to cross Aldebaran Avenue. Do not jaywalk.
CAN MY CHILD GO TO SCHOOL TODAY? ANSWER THREE QUESTIONS IN THE BLUE BOX
BUENA VISTA BUS SCHEDULE:
HOW TO SOAR
Safety For All
Join PTA: Follow the link:
Safety For All
- Always have your mask on to come to the school site.
- Stay 6 feet apart when interacting with anyone at the site.