EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS FOR PARENTS & PACS
NVPAC is hosting Jocelyn Hewson, North Shore Schools Emergency Preparedness Coordinator, who will be offering a presentation that is a combination of both personal emergency preparedness, as well as a brief overview of what the schools have in place for emergency preparedness plans. It is important for parents and PACs to understand the different responsibilities, and also helpful for PAC representatives to understand the importance of the PAC for funding and organizing emergency supplies.
All parents, PAC Chairs, DPAC reps or designates are welcome. Please share with your parent communities. A poster is available for promotional purposes.
Wednesday, January 30 at 7:00 pm
5th Floor, Education Services Centre
2121 Lonsdale Avenue
UPCOMING NVPAC GENERAL MEETINGS
NVPAC General meeting dates for 2018/2019
(5th Floor, Education Services Centre, 2121 Lonsdale Ave - Wednesdays at 7:00pm)
January 30, 2019 - Emergency Preparedness for Parents & PACS
*** stand alone event on VAPING to be scheduled soon***
February 27, 2019 - NVSD Budget Conversation
April 24, 2019 - Curriculum & Communicating Student Learning (report cards)
May 29, 2019 - AGM
OPPORTUNITY FOR INPUT - NVSD BUDGET
- attend the Finance and Facilities Public Standing Committee meeting on February 5 to hear staff present and discuss issues and opportunities related to the development of the 2019/2020 Preliminary Budget;
- submit email comments to the NVSD between February 6 and March 15 to email@example.com;
- attend the NVPAC General Meeting on February 28 for a conversation around the school district budget with a goal to developing our top three budget priorities;
- PACs can forward their priorities to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- attend the Standing Committee Meeting on April 7 for presentation of partner groups' top three priorities.
We look forward to hearing from you..
BCCPAC Conference & AGM
NVPAC encourages PACs who are registered/members of BCCPAC to send a delegate to the Annual General meeting. Confirm your BCCPAC registration/membership status. More information will be available in the spring.
Deadlines for nominations to the board and for special resolutions is coming up! More information here. Keep an eye out for proxy information, if you are unable to attend, members of the NVPAC can take your PAC proxy..