The EJA Times
January 7, 2022
Virtual Learning continues
No School-Martin Luther King Jr. Day
In-Person Learning resumes
*Covid Testing Required to Return to School
Choir Christmas Performance
We are so grateful to our friends from Acewall Scholars for putting together this performance video for us, and for all that they do to mentor our EJA students!
In-Person learning is scheduled to resume on January 18th, after the MLK holiday. Please remember: a negative PCR Covid test is still required to return to school on the 18th. If you're still having trouble finding a test, please see the list below. It's a good idea to schedule your test as soon as possible, because availability is very limited. You can schedule a test today for next week, so that you will have your results back in time for the 18th.
Please continue checking your emails for the most up to date information from the conference. Keeping our students, staff, and families safe is our number 1 priority, and we appreciate you working with us to ensure this is possible!
Covid Testing Sites
EJA Virtual Learning Guidelines
- Students are expected to be logged onto their class Zoom by 8:30 each morning, dressed in school uniform and ready to learn. Classes are dismissed by 2:00 PM.
- Attendance will be taken multiple times throughout the day to ensure students are present and on time for the entire day
- If your child is going to be absent, please contact the homeroom teacher before 8:30 a.m. that day
- Students will follow the class schedule, and remain on task during the school day (Classroom teachers will go over schedules the first day of Virtual Learning)
- Eating will not be allowed except during designated snack and lunch times during the day
- When it’s time for the students to take a break, teachers will let the students know how long the break is and when they are due back "in class".
- Cameras (in landscape mode) must be on during class times, and the students' face must be visible to the teacher and students in the classroom
- Students should be learning in an area where there are no distractions (toys, siblings, parents, pets, etc).
- Unless otherwise noted, students must be in their EJA uniform at all times, except on Fridays
- Students must remain on the websites that the teachers instruct them to be on during the school day. Staff and IT personnel will be monitoring the students' browsing activity regularly to ensure they are following these directions
- Students should be participating in class discussions by unmuting their microphones and in the chat. If they have questions, they should email or speak to their teacher directly
- A reminder that this is still school! Students should show the same respect and behavior that they would in the classroom
We know that transitioning to virtual isn't always easy, and we are here to help! If you ever have questions during the day, please contact your child's teacher.
Ms. Nugent: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Thomas: email@example.com
Ms. Arianna: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (804) 233-4582 *
*We may not be able to answer right away, please try emailing first or leave a message.
1st-4th Virtual Learning Highlights
Covid-19 Safety Guidelines
Our friends at Acewall Scholars have put together a very informative video outlining some helpful Covid-19 Safety Guidelines. Please use the link below and log in using the password: EJA2021 to view the presentation. There is also a PDF version of the PowerPoint below. We ask that you all view the presentation when you get a chance!
Winter Canned Food Drive-Extended until February 14th!
No School-Martin Luther King Jr. Day
In-Person Learning Resumes (*negative Covid test required*)
2nd Quarter Ends
3rd Quarter Begins
February 7-17 (new dates!)
Winter MAP Testing