ARCH WOOD PROTECTION
With Madison Wood you are already one step ahead!
Arch Wood Protection has revised the Wolmanized® Wood consumer warranty. The revision was made primarily to clarify what is proper use of Wolmanized® Wood for warranty coverage. Material must be used in accordance with the new industry standards to be covered under Arch’s warranty.
The revised warranty will apply to all wood that is purchased by a homeowner (or builder) after July 1, 2016 regardless of when it was treated. The old warranty will continue to cover material that was purchased prior to July 1, 2016. The new version of our consumer warranty is available below. Please be sure to send it to your customers.
Spark Notes Version
- Stays in contact with soil or other debris
- Installation allows for insufficient ventilation and air circulation to permit Wolmanized ® Wood to dry completely
- Is located fewer than six (6) inches (final grade after landscaping) above ground on permeable building materials (including above concrete, treated wood, soil, water, bark, leaf litter, or other ground surface)
- Is in contact with non-durable untreated or older construction with any evidence of decay
- Is subject to frequent or recurring sources of artificial wetting
- Is located in tropical climates; or
- Is critical to the performance and safety of the structure and difficult to maintain, repair, or replace (including, but not limited to, joists and beams for decks, docks, walkways, and other structures)
Wolmanized ® Wood that is subject to salt water splash and Wolmanized ® Wood posts supporting houses, garages, sunrooms, barns, or other permanent structures must be treated to Ground Contact Heavy Duty.
Wood must be installed as follows:
- Surfaces that have been cut or trimmed may not be used in the ground.
- Surfaces that have been cut or trimmed and other holes or damage must be treated with a wood preservative end-cut solution in accordance with the label’s directions.
- Acceptable wood preservatives include Outlast ® Q8 Log Oil or other products containing a minimum of 0.675% copper as oxine copper (copper-8 or copper-8-quinolinolate) or 1% copper as copper naphthenate.
- Proof of purchase will be required.
- The structure built with the Wolmanized ® Wood must be built in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, and building codes.
Upcoming MADWORD Topics:
End Coat Solutions- What, Why, and since WHEN?
End Caps- Marketing products by projects.
End Results- Front end savings versus back end costs- who wins the price race?