NACP PARENTS IN THE KNOW
News From Our Principal Dr. Guerrero
Week 6 - September 25, 2020
NO GRAB N' GO MEALS
Weekly Message from the Principal
We had our first Coffee With the Principal Informational Meeting this morning! It was nice to see our parents and some of our students in this meeting. Thank you to all the parents who were able to join us. For all those parents who were unable to Zoom in with us live, we do not want you to miss out on any of the information we shared and have attached a PDF copy of the Coffee with the Principal Slideshow to this newsletter for you to review at your leisure.
Thank you to all the parents who stopped by the school to pick up a device, I am happy to announce that each family with more than one child now has a device for each of their children. It is by appointment only.
Our teachers shared with parents their new Live Zoom schedule which will begin next week. Please make sure to check it out. Teachers will also be adding additional assignments and activities for students to complete independently.
Way to go to all everyone who picked up meals at our Grab and Go! Food Distribution this week. We served 200 meals Monday and Wednesday and today we served 332 meals!! Today's meals packs had enough breakfast and lunch for three days- Friday, Monday and Tuesday. Our Cafeteria director is looking into the possibility of expanding our meal program to serve all children in our community, we hope the state approves our application.
Thank you for stopping by!
Parent Center Announcements
We will be working with:
- CABE: Project2Inspire
- Healthy Heart provided by The American Heart Association
- Mental Health support provided by The Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health
- NEW Technology Center for one to one technology classes for parents and group classes
We will share dates with our families on our Parent Center REMIND
HOORAY! MORE LIVE ZOOM MEETINGS!
Online Live Zoom Teaching will increase next week. Teachers have been sharing the news with parents this week. Please make sure to review the new schedule.
The learning Matrix for each grade level are posted on our school website under Distance Learning. I added a button to takes you straight to the page below. Be sure to visit.
WEEKLY DEVICE UPDATE:
- 289 Devices were distributed in September
- 120 more devices are being distributed today and next week (by appointment only, the office will call you if you're on the list)
- Hotspots were delivered to families who need them
- 240 Chromebooks are on back-order or delayed (we check for updates daily)
- NACP will inform families when the rest of the new Chromebooks are available
BEEHIVELY IS HERE TO HELP WITH TECHNOLOGY
Please call Techabee first between 8:00am and 5:00pm M-F. They will be able to answer all your questions about technology support and troubleshooting your child's device or feel free to email them...
NEED TO STOP BY THE OFFICE? PLEASE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Please note that if you come to the office without an appointment you might have to wait a while for us to help you. We thank you in advance for your patience and support.
Thanks for helping us keep you safe! We thank you for keeping us safe too!
- Phone Messenger- "Phone Blasts"
- Remind Application (Please sign up with your child's classroom teacher or for the school's through the Parent Center)
- School Website: https://www.newacademycanoga.com
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- In person (if needed)
Please make sure we have your most up to date contact information including your address, phone numbers, and email addresses.
Inspirational Video of the Week
Sir Ken Robinson makes an entertaining and profoundly moving case for creating an education system that nurtures (rather than undermines) creativity.
N.E.W. Academy Canoga Park
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
By phone or By Appointment Only
Please Call Ahead to Make an Appointment to See an Administrator
All Social Distancing Measures Must Be Followed