May 5, 2023
For Teacher Appreciation Week, Be Sure to Complete a Staff Shout Out!
Staff Shout Outs
You can also submit names straight to the district. Visit Montgomery ISD's Let's Talk tab on the district website https://bit.ly/3xad64c and use the "Share a Positive Story/MISD Shout Out" topic to share something great this educator has done to demonstrate a culture of respect.
Lincoln is 5 Years Old!
At the end of this school year, Lincoln will have been open for five years. Over the past five years, Lincoln has gone through many changes but has continued to maintain our "family" feel. When I first came to our school in June of 2021, parents and staff alike shared how proud they were of the culture that has been built here. Yes, there have been hard times (remember 2020!), but our school community has stuck together in support of our students and making sure they have the best environment and tools to learn and grow. Our staff and students have worked hard to always improve, as evidenced in our growth from our TEA campus rating from a 'C' to an 'A' last year.
We will celebrate with a pep rally (with a special visitor) and some special treats and activities next Friday. Thank you for all you do to support our students and our staff in making Lincoln amazing.
Week of 5/8: Teacher Appreciation Week
Monday, May 8:
- Draw a picture for your teacher.
Tuesday, May 9:
- Bring your teacher her favorite snack or flower.
Wednesday, May 10:
- National School Nurses' Day
- Write a special note to your teacher to let her know how much she means to you.
Thursday, May 11:
- 4th Grade Field Trip
- Wear your teacher's favorite color.
Friday, May 12:
- Lincoln's 5-Year Celebration and Pep Rally
- Write your teacher a poem or song.
- Wear Your Spirit Wear
- 5/15: 5th Grade GT Field Trip
- 5/16: 4th/5th Choir Show - 6:00 pm
- 5/18: Early Enrollment Students - Newcomer Event 5:00-6:00 pm
- 5/18: Speech Pathologists Day
- 5/19: Battle of the Books
- 5/19: 3rd Grade Field Trip
- 5/22: MHS Senior Walk
- 5/25: Kindergarten Graduation/Step Up Ceremony 9:00 am
- 5/25: 5th Grade Clap Out/Step Up Ceremony 2:00 pm
- 5/25: No Lunch Visitors Due to Classroom Picnic Lunches
- 5/26: Classroom Awards (PK, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) - More Info to Come in May
- PK - 11:30 am
- 1st - 12:30 pm
- 2nd - 9:45 am
- 3rd - 10:30 am
- 4th - 11:30 am
- 5/26: Last Day of School
MISD Summer Camps
Montgomery ISD Summer Camp Registrations opened on Monday, May 1 and our AMAZING employees have planned wonderfully engaging, fun opportunities your students won't want to miss!
Summer Camp Guides on the MISD website are divided into two categories: Enrichment Camps and Athletics Camps. Please use the following links to access the guides and make plans to begin registering on Monday! The guides share more information regarding age group, cost, location and details.
Enrichment Camp Guide: https://rb.gy/rrtza
Athletics Camp Guide: https://rb.gy/f616g
Camps will continue to be added to the Camp Guide and MySchoolBucks between May 1 and May 8, so be sure and check back regularly to see what's been added!
Early Enrollment Ends Next FRIDAY
Early enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year ends this Friday, May 12. The entire enrollment process can conveniently be completed online HERE.
Please share this news with any neighbors, colleagues and friends who have children that will be NEW to MISD in August. Early enrollment of ALL grades, especially PreK and Kindergarten, best allows for effective planning regarding staffing at each campus. Families that enroll early will be in our system ahead of time, allowing them to receive communications and back to school details like all returning MISD families. Please Note: this is only for students who will be NEW to MISD next school year. Parents of returning students will complete the online registration update when returning to school in August.
Thank you for your support as Montgomery ISD prepares for a smooth transition to the 2023-2024 school year!
For your convenience, the enrollment process is able to be completed online. Take note of all documents that are required and will need to be uploaded to complete your enrollment. Contact our registrar, Erica Nalbach, if you have questions after you complete the enrollment process.
You can find written and video instructions for enrollment on the MISD website here: https://rb.gy/4xk3l
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 457
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate August-April: 94.2%
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of:
- 5/1-5/5: 94.7%
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate (Over 95%) for the Week of 5/1-5/5:
- Mrs. McClain - 98.0%
- Mrs. Moore - 98.0%
- Mrs. Bush - 97.8%
- Ms. Ott - 97.8%
- Mrs. Shaver - 97.6%
- Mrs. Thorp - 97.1%
- Mrs. Lehmann - 97.0%
- Mrs. Veillon - 97.0%
- Mrs. Hochhauser - 96.9%
- Ms. Radford - 96.8%
- Mrs. Torman - 96.0%
- Mrs. White - 96.0%
- Mrs. Herzog - 95.0%
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- Parent Input for Class Placement - If you would like to particpate in this process of class placement for the 23-24 school year as a parent, please complete this form prior to May 10.
- WatchDOGS - Click this link for more information, the program presentation from the district, the background form, and the registration form.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at email@example.com. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
- Parent Feedback Form - Any time you want to share your thoughts, you can email, call, or make an appointment to visit. Another way you can provide input is to simply complete our parent feedback form at any time. Your responses are anonymous unless you choose to include your name and/or contact information.
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings, and class begins at 8:15. (This is the time students are expected to be in their seats in the classroom.)
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700