Holy Redeemer Catholic School, April 22
Mark Your Calendars:
Today is EARTH DAY!!
Monday: (April 25)
- Mental Health Capacity Builder at the School - all day
- Grade 3 - Linking Generations visit
- Fine Arts - Afterschool rehearsal - 3:00-5:00
- Family Wellness Worker - at Central Office
- Grade 1 - Chick Hatching Program - in class
- Rec and Leadership - Swimming at Millennium Place
- Fine Arts - Choreographer coming in
- Hot Lunch - (Order Instructions below)
- Family Wellness Worker - In school for the Morning
- Mental Heath Capacity Builder - Laura Cormier - In the school
- Family Wellness Worker - In school all day
- Kindergarten Virtual fieldtrip - Save-on-foods
- Have a great weekend!
- EICS Badminton Finals
School Sports and Events Calendar: Click Here
Alleluia, Christ is Risen!
Easter commemorates the central event in the Catholic church: the resurrection of Jesus Christ, which Catholics see as fulfilling the biblical prophecy of a messiah who would rise from the dead and give eternal life in heaven to those who believe in him. This is a time to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus!
- Brant Driedger
Earth Day - April 22
One of the ways the students contributed to earth day at school today was help with environmental clean-up in the school yard and along the path-ways near-by.
**Send in your shoes no later than Tuesday April 26
School FEES - PAST DUE
- Junior University k-4
- Foods (7,8)
- Locker Use Fee (5-8)
- Technology Use Fee - K-3
**These fees were not added at the start of they year and may have been missed - Please review your parent portal.
Please note, Badminton and Drumheller fees will be ready for payment in the next week or so.
Spread the Word
Support for Ukraine
Want to do More to help?? Become a HOST FAMILY
Thank you to everyone who made purchases at our book fair last week! Your support for our library, and literacy in our school and home is very much appreciated. We will now be able to bring in over $2000 worth of new and exciting books for our students and staff. That’s amazing!! Everyone had so much fun, and it was great to have the fair back in our school!
Congratulations to Julia Gall in kindergarten who won the draw for $25 worth of books for her, and also, $25 in books for her classroom. ~ Mrs. Spilchak was very happy! ;)
Also, congratulations to Lyndon in grade 7 who won the candy jar
contest. There were 551 candies in the jar and he guessed 467.
Highlights from this past week
Please enjoy the following pics from the week....
Indigenous Learning - April - AYIKIPISIM - Frog Moon
The new month of April brings us the new moon called Frog Moon.
April is a time of reawakening and rebirth. Take time to breath deeply, to sit quietly, and feel the changes in Mother Earth as inspiration for renewal in yourself. Easter is a time of joyful hope and of new life for Christians throughout the world.
Mother Earth is awakening with new life all around us. A few weeks ago Pope Francis made a public apology for the trauma caused from the residential school system.
Pope Francis’ apology can draw us to renew our own path toward reconciliation through listening, learning, growing our personal understanding, and taking action to honour Indigenous peoples and cultures in our classrooms, schools, and communities.
Holy Redeemer Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Holy Redeemer Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Please join us for our PAC meeting - May 17, 2022, 6:30 p.m.– all parents/caregivers are welcome to join. Some important topics on the agenda include:
1) Spring Fundraising
2) PAC Supported outdoor improvements
Join Google Meeting: meet.google.com/hub-ufef-pmu
Please see our webpage for more information on meetings:
You can also join our Facebook group:
GrACE Summit - 2022
The 2022 Annual GrACE Summit will take place on Monday, May 30 from 10 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
For registration and program information, please click on the following poster: Grace Summit 2022
NEW! 2022-2023 School Year Calendar - Approved by EICS
Common Topics and Quick Links
- A Reminder about spring registration for First Reconciliation & First Holy Communion INCLUDING a special invitation for family whose children age 7-10 are not yet Baptized. We have special preparation available for those families so the little ones can be welcomed in Baptism during the Easter season then go on to celebrate the other sacraments with their classmates. Please share widely in your classrooms! A direct invitation from the grade 2-4 teachers would be extremely helpful.
- Invitations for two different adult Faith Formation opportunities being offered in April by the parish GiFT Committee (Growing in Faith Together.) Please share with all EICS staff and parents. You do not need to be an OLPH parishioner to participate.
In this address, he prays with us for peace in war torn countries and for reconciliation, among many other things.
Frog Moon - FAMILY Activities to do at home
Have you ever heard the sounds that frogs make outside? In traditional Cree and Metis communities, when the frogs would leave the stillness of the pond and start croaking, this was the time they knew they would begin preparing the land for the growing season.
Go for a walk outside to your special place, notice your surroundings. ... Crouch down like a seed and then sprout and grow taller and taller! How high can you reach?
Below are some fun things to try at home with your family.