Bulldog Bulletin - Year End Edition
May 23rd, 2019
Notes from Mrs. Mankin
Dear Bulldog Families,
It is difficult to believe that we have come to the end of another school year. Our students have grown in so many ways:
· As writers – finding their voices to impact change, create stories, and share knowledge
· As friends – gaining a better understanding of themselves and navigating interactions with peers
· As readers – unlocking the world that lives in the printed pages of books and other texts
· As problem solvers – applying strategies in social situations, with multiple step math problems, and designing/creating models of their ideas
· As scientists – observing the world around them and how things work; making predictions based on their investigations, research, and learning
· As Bulldogs…We feel so fortunate that we have had the privilege of teaching your student this year!
As I reflect upon this year, the 4th grade students hold a special place in my heart as they started their journey at New Britton when I did. It has been amazing to watch them learn and grow! I look forward to hearing about their exciting adventures as they start their life at intermediate school.
We will continue the work of the final phase of our renovation this summer. Phase 5 and the installation of our new furniture should be completed when the 2019-2020 school year begins on August 7th – check Twitter @NBEbulldogs for periodic updates! Have a relaxing, safe, rejuvenating summer full of fun with family! As always, thank you for partnering with us in education!
Summer Enrollment for grades K-8 at Lantern Road Elementary
- Tuesday. 7/9: 7:00a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday 7/11: 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 7/16: 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 7/17: 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday 7/18: 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Welcome Back to School!
- First day of school: Wednesday, August 7, 2019
- Back to School Open House: Monday, August 5, 2019 5:30-7:00
- Kindergarten Kickoff (parents only): Thursday, August 1 6:30-7:30
- Meet the Teacher: 1st and 2nd grades (parents only): Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:30-8:00 (2 sessions)
- Meet the Teacher: 3rd and 4th grades (parents only): Tuesday, August 20, 2019 6:30-8:00 (2 sessions)