This Week in Geometry
January 11 - January 15
A couple things to keep in mind:
1. If you see an (*) in the grade book, this grade is NOT missing. The grade book system defaults an assignment as missing if there is no grade entered. This star in the grade book means that a student was absent or simply that I have not entered those grades yet. This grade is not hurting your students grade as of now.
2. If you see a zero (0), the assignment is missing and is hurting your student's grade. This is an assignment that was either not turned in or was turned in with no name on it. Your student needs to make every effort to get this assignment turned in.
Copies of Assignments
1. I post copies of all daily work and notes pages on blackboard. Students should be able to access them anywhere they have Internet connection. Also on blackboard is a calendar where I post daily entries with detailed descriptions of what was done in class that day. I also post pictures of my notebook on blackboard so that students can see any notes they have missed.
2. I attach copies of anything that is a daily grade in skyward as well. Students (and parents) can access these files.
3. Students can ask me for any work they missed as well, but this method is not the quickest way to get work, as it usually has to wait until there is a chance during class for me to pull that work.
Students are responsible for keeping up with their notebooks and making sure they get any missed notes if they are absent. They are also responsible for getting their missing work.
Tests will NOT be posted online, so if a students misses or needs to retake/correct a test or quiz, they will need to come to tutorials.
Starting Monday, there will also be a sticky note board online for students to post any questions they have over the packets. I will make every effort to check the sticky note board every day. A copy of the review packets AND the sticky note board will be available on blackboard in the STAAR review section.
If you have any questions or concerns about STAAR or the reviews, please do not hesitate to ask.
This Week In Geometry
- We will be xontinuing our Unit 5 - Right Triangles
- Monday we will be continuing our discussion of the Pythagorean Theorem with some application problems
- Tuesday - Friday will be special right triangles, specifically the 45-45-90 and the 30-60-90 triangles
- Monday, January 18 will be a school holiday
- Next test date: Thursday, January 28 (there is a slight chance that this will change and I will let you and students know as soon as I know more)