Breakfast and Snacking
By Megan McQuade
Breakfast is important to start your day off right and set you out with a good amount of energy.
- Oatmeal is a good breakfast if you're on the go and want something warm to eat. It is also high in fiber.
- Hard boiled eggs are a good breakfast because they offer a lot of protein and are easy to take with you.
- Cold pizza and orange juice offers you the necessary fiber and protein with some vitamin C to start your day off right.
Smart snacking only takes place about 2 or 3 hours before a bigger meal. Avoid snacks high in carbohydrates and saturated fats.
- Carrot sticks offer keratin and other important vitamins.
- Granola bars offer a good amount of vitamins and minerals. Make sure you choose healthy granola bars, as some are high in saturated fats. Ones with fruits are the best choice.
- Bagels have good carbohydrates. Adding creme cheese can introduce dairy to the snack. Adding peanut butter is a good way to incorporate protein.
- Yogurt is a good dairy option. Fruits in the yogurt can make it test better and offer a good source of vitamins.
- Fruits can satisfy a sweet teeth without raising your blood sugar levels.