Resolving Ethical Dilemmas
Best Practices for School-based SLPs and AUDs
Overview & Essential Information
Abstract: This presentation will review various ethical dilemmas and explore how the licensure board’s Code of Ethics can be an effective resource to resolve dilemmas and educate others about the role of speech-language pathologists and educational audiologists in the school setting.
- Name/describe ethical dilemmas/issues that school-based practitioners may encounter.
- State ethical requirements adopted by the licensure board to resolve ethical dilemmas.
- State how the licensure board’s Code of Ethics can be an effective resource with educating others about your role as a licensed practitioner and ethical responsibilities to your students.
- Identify when the practitioner has a duty to report ethical violations.
Resolving Ethical Dilemmas: Best Practices for School-based SLPs and AUDs
Friday, Feb. 4th 2022 at 9-11am
2200 S US Highway 68, Urbana, Ohio, 43078
Food & Beverage: Coffee, bottled water, and assorted snacks will be available throughout the workshops. Soda will be available to purchase for an additional $0.50 from the front desk.
Our Cancellation Policy:
- We recognize that things happen; however, please provide at least a week's notice for cancellation. While this is a free event, we would like to have a minimum number of participants to make it worth the speaker's time.
- The Madison-Champaign ESC does not cancel or delay workshops for inclement weather unless the ESC itself is closed. The ESC will only close if Champaign County is under a Level 2 or 3 "Snow Emergency." While we understand that emergencies arise, the cancellation policy is still in effect for inclement weather cancellations, so please plan accordingly.
About the Speaker
This registration link will provide you with additional information, including payment options for your half-day session.