The Dragon Digest!
News & Information for JES First Grade
March 24, 2023
Spelling List - Week 29 - Short e and er
Jackets and Lost & Found
All jackets should have a name (or just last name) inside it. The coats are overflowing in the Lost & Found and we need you to check there the next time you are on campus for any of your child's items. Conference Day is the perfect day to check the Lost & Found. Lost & Found is usually in the Cafeteria, but lately has been in the front area around the Friendship Bench.
JES Campus News:
Shoe Drive March 20-31
The nonprofit Soles4Souls is collecting new and gently worn shoes to help those in need! Please consider donating shoes that you no longer wear or have outgrown for a good cause. All sizes and types of shoes for men, women and children are appreciated. Boxes will be located inside the front lobby of all CISD elementary schools for two weeks from March 20-31st. Click here to learn more about Soles4Souls.
JES Multicultural Event
After a 2-year hiatus, the JES PTO is excited to bring back the annual multicultural event, JES Airways Flight 76092 - Around the World in 90 Minutes on April 17th from 5:30-7pm in the cafeteria. We want to give our kids a chance to explore the world right here within the walls of our school. Please sign up by Friday, March 31st to host a table and share the games, toys, crafts, food, clothing, and decor of a country or culture. Click HERE to register for a table. We are hoping to have tables represented from all over the world, whether near or far; north, south, east, or west. This is your passport to see it all!
Tuesday - Day 7
Wednesday - Day 1
Thursday - Day 2
Friday - Day 3
First Grade Class Schedule
First Grade Class Schedule
7:30-7:45 Arrival, Unpack, Morning Tubs, Announcements
7:45-8:15 Morning Write, Spelling, Phonics
9:15-9:30 Read Aloud/Shared Reading Time (with Snack)
9:30-10:15 Writing & Grammar
1:40-2:25 WIN Time
2:25-2:50 Science & Social Studies
2:50-2:55 Clean Up, Pack Up, Dismissal
Be sure to bring your library book on your library day!
All First Grade classes will go to the Library on Tuesdays.
DRAGON OF THE WEEK!!
Please click here to view arrival and dismissal procedures for the 2022 - 2023 school year.
Please remember, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the JES office 817-949-4500 by 2pm if your student's regular way home changes.
● In order to pick up students from the car line or walkers area, parents must show identification.
○ Official car signs must be displayed in the car window during pick-up time.
○ Official JES key tag must be shown with the child’s name on the back of the tag to pick up students who go home as a walker or bike rider. Your family car line sign can also be used to pick up in the walker line.
○ Families without these official forms of identification must go directly to the office.
● Changes in transportation must be communicated to the front office by calling 817-949-4500 or emailing email@example.com NO LATER THAN 2:00.
DO NOT contact the classroom teacher with these changes.
In the car line, please keep your child's name visible until your child is in the car.
● The cut-off time for change in transportation is 2:00 pm.
The cut-off time for early dismissal is 2:30.
Thank you for your cooperation in getting all our students home safely and efficiently.
Volunteer Information for the 2022-2023 School Year
The teachers, students, and employees at Carroll ISD depend on the dedication of the wonderful volunteers that we have in our community. We cannot thank our volunteers enough for sacrificing their valuable time and efforts in support of our District.
Every volunteer must complete an application and a background check to ensure the safety of our students. Applications and background checks must be completed annually to ensure the district has updated information on each volunteer. Please note that a background check can take up to 72 hours to be processed and cannot be done on the spot at the campus.
Click here to begin your application to become a Carroll ISD Volunteer.
CARROLL ISD VOLUNTEER DO'S AND DON'TS
- Complete your application and background check before volunteering.
- Check-in with the front office upon arrival. Please bring your driver's license with you each time.
- Wear appropriate clothing for your volunteer assignment.
- Show up unexpected without campus approval or approval that you are an approved volunteer.
- Bring younger non school-aged children without permission from the campus.
- Discuss other students.
- Volunteer when you are feeling ill.
- Take pictures of a student who isn't your child.
School hours are from 7:40 a.m. until 3 p.m.
This year, our expectations are that our students will be in their seats ready to learn promptly at 7:40 a.m. This means the tardy bell will ring at 7:40 a.m. and students will be late at this point. Please plan to have your students at school by 7:30 to allow them time to get ready for their day.
Please note some important information regarding our snack time in the classroom:
Please only send CLEAN, EASY TO EAT snacks. These snacks are sometimes consumed while we are working, so foods that require spoons or forks can be difficult to eat. Finger foods work best.
We only have 10-15 minutes for snack, so please only send enough for your child to eat in this time frame.
We can ONLY DRINK WATER in the classroom. Yogurt drinks, protein milk, Gatorade, juice, etc. will be enjoyed during lunch time in the cafeteria.
Please make sure the snacks are HEALTHY.
JES is an allergy aware campus. This means that NO NUTS OF ANY KIND or PEANUT BUTTER may be consumed in the classroom. Please do not bring snacks that contain peanuts or nuts for snack. These snacks can be eaten in the cafeteria.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING SNACK A CLEAN, HEALTHY, AND ENJOYABLE TIME FOR EVERYONE.
MY SCHOOL BUCKS - LUNCH ACCOUNT
We encourage all parents/students to prepay money into their account to help lunch lines move faster and to avoid lost/forgotten lunch money.
- Cash/Check – can be deposited in the lunch line at the point of sale. If you choose to drop cash off, please include your child’s name and ID number. Any change from a cash payment will be deposited on the student's lunch account.
- Online Payment - CISD has included a parent online credit card payment system through MySchoolBucks, online or mobile app. You can make credit card payments to your student’s cafeteria account online for a convenience fee of $2.50. The system will also allow parents to view student cafeteria account balances and purchases at no charge as well as set up free, automatic, low balance email notifications and automatic payments.
- Money left on accounts will roll over with your student next year.
- Transferring funds between siblings' accounts may be done any time by calling the Child Nutrition office at 817-949-8240.