January 6, 2020
Bullying is another Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE)
The CDC recently published an eBook Preventing Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs): Leveraging the Best Available Evidence that includes strategies for preventing ACEs. While many take a multi-generational family approach to preventing ACEs, some of them broadly relate to bullying prevention, such as:
- Teaching social-emotional learning
- Promoting bystander intervention
- Connecting youth to caring adults and activities
- Intervening to lessen immediate and long-term harm
This article is from stopbullying.gov
Updates and Information
- Assessment Newsletter
- Assistant Principal Meetings - January 15th and 16th (Please bring your Discipline Guide)
- January 30th - Education Support Webinar - 10:00 - Mark your calendar - link coming soon.
More Professional Development for You!
Do I belong to any professional associations for educators? Joining an association for education is another way to advance your professional development. Such associations. offer a plethora of information to assist you with your practice. Professional education association typically host regional and national conferences that provide both training and networking opportunities. They also typically publish monthly journals and newsletters that can serve as great resources for you as grow in your practice.
Joe Baker - Area Director of Student Services X1083
Stephanie Cantu - Student Services Assistant X 1115
Laura Lockhart - Area Director of Student Services X 1105