Bertram Family Connection
April 20th, 2020
Choice Boards will now be posted every Friday. We hope that this will help families plan for the upcoming week in advance. You do not have to start working on them until Monday but they will be posted to help meet the needs of some families.
Report Cards for the 5th 6 Weeks (2/17-3/13) are now available in the Skyward Family Access Portfolio. Please see the attached help sheet if you need assistance finding it.
On Wednesday, April 22nd, the district will be deploying drop boxes for student work at our Grab and Go Lunch Sites. Work can be dropped off 24 hours a day and will be picked up at lunchtime Monday-Friday. We hope this will be helpful for families with limited technology access.
Next Friday, 4/24 we will have a Pajama Spirit Day! Students are invited to attend their Google Meets in school appropriate pajamas. Look for a little fund each Friday through the end of the year!
With the announcement of school building closure through the end of the year, we will be working on a process for families to collect their children's belongings that are still in the school. This will include Spring Pictures, and Yearbooks. Once a plan is finalized, we will provide details to you.
Alicia Harris, Principal
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access and view your child's 5th Six Weeks Report Cards.
Click here to get a direct link to each group and instructions for how to join.
Expectations for School At Home
- Attend 2 Google Meets by internet or by phone (Email your teacher if you are unable to do this and she will help set up something that works for you).
- Complete one activity each day from each subject area on your choice boards
- The square with the Paw Print on the choice board this week will be used for assessment. Teachers may check on the learning from other squares as well. If you are needing to make choices about what your child accomplishes for school, please prioritize the PAW PRINT square.
- New choice boards will be posted to the district website by Monday.
- Reach out to your teacher for any questions you might have.
Middle School Choice Sheets for 5th Graders
Please help us plan for your child's 6th Grade experience by completing this online form. For ease of review, I have included the course description and choice summary page below. Please only complete this choice sheet once for each student. The middle school counselors will be following up with students and families.
This document is full of resources for helping children and support for parents while at home. There are several activities that can assist with managing worry, anxiety, and mental health for both children and adults.
Free Books Online from Follett
Follett is one of the companies we use to purchase library books. They are offering free access to their online book exchange called Lightbox. Parent would need to register by following the link.
Helpful Websites & Technology Videos
Elementary Distance Dawgs - This is where choice boards are posted each week.
Video: How to Join a Google Meet
Workout with Coach Reid!
THIS WEEK'S Fine Arts lesson with Mr. Roberts
Free Wifi Locations
The District has compiled the attached map to provide information about WiFi hotspots available for use by students in and around the District during the COVID-19 school closure. The hotspots listed are provided by a mix of BCISD, local businesses, a partnership between Marble Falls ISD and Llano ISD, and other local organizations.
Each number on the map represents a hotspot location and the matching entry in the legend includes the address and connection information if it is needed to connect.
We appreciate the businesses and organizations allowing our students to connect in a location closer to their home than our campuses. This service will allow students with limited or no internet connection to park in the mapped location and connect without leaving their vehicle, allowing them to maintain proper social distancing while taking advantage of the connection to complete their schoolwork.
- Student’s Report Card
- Attendance Record (physical or electronic)
- Birth Certificate (can be used for any child under 18 yrs. old)
- Student ID (Any District-provided ID card, including Athletic Passes, etc.)
- Car Rider Pro Tag
We will be updating this page as we get information from local agencies and charities.
Contact Us During the Closure
You can also email the campus leadership team at the email addresses below.
- Alicia Harris, Principal, email@example.com
- Angela Schreiber, Assistant Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org, Please call Ms. Schreiber if you need help connecting with your child's teacher, help with technology, or if you need help accessing community resources at 512-763-0382.
- Ann Marie Wyatt, counselor, at email@example.com.
We will strive to return email within 24 business hours.
Bertram Elementary School Building Closed through May 22nd. All events during the school day and after school have been cancelled through the end of the school year.