Neil Armstrong Elementary
Dr. Stevenson's Weekly News- Week 33
Here are some updates:
- Happy birthday on Thursday to Trisha Wood!
- Great job to Tisha and Debbie for organizing the 4th Grade Biography Open House projects! The kids were so excited all week for the big day.
- Kudos to Colleen for the MTSS Pet Expo display and for agreeing to help some of those students present to the board on Monday night.
- The WRAP French and Spanish students will present on Monday night at 6:00 at the board meeting, too.
- The school calendar is going to the board for approval on Monday night. Staff are going to meet on Monday after school to give ideas and share any concerns.
- Please continue to "push" your students to return their 5th Quarter forms, intent to return forms, etc. That will help us prepare for summer which will be here before we know it!
- Please read the BLT minutes from May 1 to see information about the 15-16 calendar and the master schedule for specials and MTSS for 15-16.
- Weekly collaboration meetings the week of May 4 will be for reviewing class lists and reviewing the master schedule including departmentalization if appropriate. 5th will be regrouping. Please come with all your "stuff".
- Our April PBIS Office Discipline Referral (ODR) data was alarming. We recorded the highest numbers of ODRS in total in one month in my 3 years at NA. PLEASE continue to spend time DAILY with your students reviewing Tier I procedures and spending time acknowledging positive behavior for individuals as well as the class. Also, be sure to implement classroom level consequences whenever possible. Please try out ideas like the Compliment Jar :) #growthmindset
May 4-May 8
Monday May 4
8:00 Calendar discussion for staff in library
9:00 Bus safety drill for K-5
9:40 5th grade collaboration meeting
10:40 4th grade collaboration meeting
12:45 1st grade collaboration meeting
1:45 Kindergarten collaboration meeting
3:30 3rd grade collaboration meeting
3:30 Speech IEP w/Scott and Peg
5:00 Board work session
6:00 School board meeting (WRAP and Pet Expo from NA presenting)
Tuesday May 5
7:45 Behavior Data Team
10:00 Meeting w/SAU professor @ NA
11:30-12:30 BHS student volunteers here to help at lunch/recess
12:40 Tornado drill
12:45 "Down by the River" presentation in Commons for Kindergarten
1:30 Supervisors/Administrators meeting
Wednesday May 6
12:00 Preschool early release
1:10 K-5 early release
1:45 Retirement/Recognition ceremony @ PAC
Thursday May 7
8:00 Weekly instructional coaches' meeting
8:35 2nd grade collaboration meeting
8:45-2:30 5th grade track meet at BHS
2:00 PK data team
Friday May 8
7:45 NA/AEA SPED monthly meeting (last one :)
9:00 Weekly school counselor meeting
10:45 NA weekly office meeting
5th grade final band concert was a big success!
4th grade loved their field trip to the John Deere Pavilion!
2nd graders were busy Friday afternoon enjoying our very own BHS Planetarium!